What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Volvo’s been sitting for a couple of months now, I couldn’t even be arsed MOTing it at the start of September when it was due.

Decided to stick it in for test today - went straight through! Never any doubt.
Treated it to half a tank of super unleaded and some Berryman fuel system cleaner as a reward!🤠

12 hours ago, Remspoor said:

That is fantastic. She absolutely typifies so many of these eco-mentals and, as someone vaguely eco-mental themselves, it totally undermines the good work greens do elsewhere. See also Emma Thompson flying from LA to London to join an XR protest the other year. Such people really fuck me off. Great post, Remspoor. :)

Things that are making me grin today: Mileage expense claims for driving up North and back when you drive a mk1 Honda Insight, and being reminded that you get an enhanced overtime rate for travelling outside of office hours. To the eBay thread!

16 hours ago, Popsicle said:

I'm proud as punch today, daughter number 2 passed her driving test at the first attempt. Felt so sorry for her when the world went to shit during the lockdowns, but she kept plodding along with it. Currently around a 6 month wait for tests round our way.

If you see an 09 plate bronze Suzuki Swift round Derby with a teenage girl grinning from ear to ear, that will probably be her!

Only another 13 months to go till son number 1 turns 17 so I can go through it all again. I must know every inch of Asda and B&M's carpark by now 😂.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, Dyslexic Viking said:

After a very long day of back breaking work and tons of earth and stone moved with shovel and wheelbarrow, the new septic tank is in place. And i am enjoying chocolate now.

20220928_185839.thumb.jpg.496b300aaf081070dcfe380f7235505f.jpg

That looks like a lot of hard work.

38 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Seems to be a recent thing.  I have never encountered it either.  Could be regional.

I'll see how it goes when number 3 child turns 17 in October 23 - then 2.5 years after that I can show the youngest the basics and retire from teaching new drivers - I hate it.