What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I am also the proud owner of a Desmond, and I worked alongside people who walked in off the street, no qualifications, doing the same job. Plenty of employers have told me that if you don't enter a graduate role in the three years immediately following graduation, your degree is essentially worthless.

Making me laugh today..... my newly-found Mrs Pillock. A random conversation about contraception (don't ask...) and I was informed she had a "Mirena coil". There was then a short pause, I giggled, and she followed up with "not that sort of Marina" and told me it wasn't brown with a vinyl roof. I'm keeping this one!

Not proper shite-content, so can't justify a thread of it's own but grin-worthy cos I'm glad he's back home in one piece. Although he won't be back on his bike for a few weeks yet.

Anyway, FAVVA_Tone is flogging his nearly new massive bed-chariot - and if you're in the market for such a thing, it's proper £VALUE. Shiters' top-tip, he'd take £26k. It's worth £30k+ but he's convinced only dealers are allowed to charge full value, despite the fact that his van has had more love, care and attention than any other will have done, and he's fixed all the manufacturer's built in faults. :roll:

http://www.caravanselecta.co.uk/motorhomes/hymer/hymer-eriba-car-emotion-673-cs297262.aspx

Yeah. Not shite, and certainly outside my price range, but a proper nice bus.

^^^ 2-berth, but 4 seatbelts? :?:?: ?

Anyway, tonight I went in the Imp to Thruscross reservoir with the dog and my best man for a bit of a walk (herons, geese, curlew, mallard, plover and crow/rooks all made an appearance), on the way there I saw a 70's 2-door Ford Taunus, and on the way back , a mk3 Cortina. In addition, we had a Griffin-engined Spitfire do a loop over the town this afternoon.

Further to the Landy hearses...

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

...this parked up just in front of me yesterday. Needless to say, I jumped back out of the car, and went to have a word. Seems the company who own this (and 6 other sidecar hearses) was started by a biking vicar, who's patented the outfit; there's not just this Hayabusa, but a selection of Harleys and Triumphs, for those so inclined.

I chatted to the bloke riding it for a bit, about actually riding it; he reckons it's not as bad as you'd think! He did mention that they often get requests for 'the last blast' - i.e., take it somewhere quiet, and give it some... :D

Wish I'd thought to take a pic of the bracketry, 'twas 'industrial' to say the least.

Mr Weebl, I know he's been mentioned on here before, but the bloke's a genius.

Go to yootoobe and check him out - especially "catface"...

or these sexy robots...

Haha thats brilliant! :lol::lol::lol: I've seen his Russian dancing men before.

Check this out:

Off to the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon tomorrow to lust over some old BL chod. Turns out there's a Leyland bus and truck show there tomorrow too- WIN

Mk1 Fezza's should have been there too.....along with the rain.

Yes they were, some nice ones there too. First time i've ever been to Gaydon and I was impressed. Lots of bits I know are there that are not on display though, which was a shame.

Went to a garage a friend of mine works in today so he could replace the noisy front wheel bearing on the Mondeo. Easyish job if you've got loads of tools. Took about an hour from start to finish, when it would have taken me a fair bit longer to do at home, so worth it. It did sound like a Sopwith Camel at anything above 30 mph... now it's dead quiet and according to the fuel computer is doing about 6 mpg more. Bonus.

As a double bonus, one of the lads who works there was doing a job on a Corsa exhaust. Fitted it, lowered the ramp down half way, reached in, turned the key and discovered that cars left in gear on a four poster ramp don't stay on the ramp for long when you start the engine. I've been knocking around garages for as long as I can remember and it's the first time I've actually seen it done. Impressive. Especially when it jumped in the air going over the safety hoop things. Even more impressively, the only bit of the car damaged was the front splitter. Ramp safety hoops were a bit buggered though.

270630_10150257573839644_804084643_7185179_2100236_n.jpg

That reminds me of long ago when the fella in the flat upstairs got a call from Halfrauds asking him if he'd like to come down and inspect the damage on his Cortina crusader that had just 'fallen' off the ramp. His reply was a curt ''no, I'd like a call when my car is fully repaired, a courtesy car and 4 new tyres please''.

This tickled me today. If autoshite did lowriders :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2TK74cAwoE&feature=player_embedded

My brother was offered a wedge of cash to get himself a company car. So he asked my advice. Now he is driving an R erg C Class 2.5 Dizzler. He looked at modern cars but with a little persuasion could see the sense in getting something older and pocketing extra cash to get some work done to it.

I dunno, if I found a Nazi war criminal wandering around Brighton I'd give him a good kicking. I'd probably give Murdoch a sharp jab to the goolies too given the chance. And I while wouldn't hit the Queen, I'd certainly spit in her face.

In fact most pensioners would receive some sort of physical abuse from me if I had the chance. Old people are icky.