What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I took the Daihatsu out for a run on the M27 earlier to see if swapping wheels front > rear had helped with the steering wheel wobble (It hadn't) and someone in a mildly barried Mk3 Mondeo with a personalised plate & front fog lights on tried to push me along when I was doing 75mph. I left at the next junction for Fareham central and they pulled up at the red lights and were revving the car up and looking over at me.

So when the lights changed I treated them to some humble pie and a couple of 7000rpm upshifts. They were well and truly owned by a 'shit granny car' and I laughed like a drain.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:03 PM, Stanky said:

I took the Daihatsu out for a run on the M27 earlier to see if swapping wheels front > rear had helped with the steering wheel wobble (It hadn't) and someone in a mildly barried Mk3 Mondeo with a personalised plate & front fog lights on tried to push me along when I was doing 75mph. I left at the next junction for Fareham central and they pulled up at the red lights and were revving the car up and looking over at me.

So when the lights changed I treated them to some humble pie and a couple of 7000rpm upshifts. They were well and truly owned by a 'shit granny car' and I laughed like a drain.

[@stuboy sweats profusely..]

;) :D

so signed off till 31st last month

they pulled me in 23rd to speak to me and i said will you be extending it

they did - not for a week as i was expecting but 4!!!

which ran out today but still have a week of treatment left

i asked for a week so it would cover that

they gave me two!!!!!!!!111oin11!!!!!!

'recovery' they said :D

5 hours ago, hairnet said:

so signed off till 31st last month

they pulled me in 23rd to speak to me and i said will you be extending it

they did - not for a week as i was expecting but 4!!!

which ran out today but still have a week of treatment left

i asked for a week so it would cover that

they gave me two!!!!!!!!111oin11!!!!!!

'recovery' they said :D

I love it when GP's fuck with HR departments. 

Years ago, the (Massive) company I worked for (Lucas Automotive Electrical) had a policy that if you had a day off in the week either side of a shutdown, you needed to get a doctors note, which they'd reimburse you for. 

Anyway. I went back for 2 days after new-year, and on the third day I was sent home halfway through the morning being I clearly had some sort of flu.  That was Thursday.  Over the weekend I improved, but we had to call out the GP for our baby, as the whole family had come down with it.  Anyway, I says, "Whilst you are here can you do me a note for Thursday and Friday"

Asks me If I get sick pay at normal salary. (Yes).  Signs me off until the following Monday.  Words like "Look at the state of your wife, You need to look after her and the kids, and you'll need a week to recover as well, so there's no way you are going back to work on Monday. 

At my return to work meeting, my boss was giving it all "You've let the team down, you need to show commitment, etc", and I just said "look, your rules said I had to see my GP and get a note, and she decided that I was seriously unwell, and forced me to take time off. I would have dragged myself in, had I not had to see the GP.  It's a good job I did because I still feel a bit shit, so I won't be doing any extra hours until I'm fully fit" 

27 minutes ago, New POD said:

At my return to work meeting, my boss was giving it all "You've let the team down, you need to show commitment, etc", and I just said "look, your rules said I had to see my GP and get a note,

i get this - even today when i gave them the new note the bint that runs the deparment said oh john is on his own and has been coping while youre off

they were told (and also the big boss was told) so its a problem that i cant control that might kill me and you tell me you cant cope cos a staff is off and you wont cover that staff even tho you know in advance they will be/are off

but they persist but they keep getting the flick - and its on paper - theyve (the hospital) give me the extra time at their discretion not yours - which absolutely makes me laugh in their faces

fuck them they can wait and in no way do i feel a bit guilty :D

but then while the above happens sometimes and (not very often) theyll say dont worry about work - and rarely ask how i am (which means i laugh harder in their face)

wow - grump and grin in the same post

double fuck them cos im going on holiday :D and what they told me today means i shouldnt be getting rung up at short notice for stuff for a while :D

rantgrin over its been a shit fornight :D

oh - def of rantgrin? beko opens the back on his car - rant

finds hoovers - grin :D @beko1987 sam love you mang :D