What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Had a car in today ,engine running, bonnet up, turned the wheel on full lock and fluid is sprayed onto the windscreen. We are not  supposed to remove caps but seeing as it looked like power steering fluid all over the drivers side of the windscreen I had a look. The reservior was filled to the brim and the excess fluid had nowhere to go except out of the cap. 

This car now has a dangerous failure on it's history stating "some idiot has over filled the power steering reservior " .  I may get in trouble but if you do stupid , dangerous things you deserve to be called an idiot.

Just went to Tesco in the Rover 75.  Pulled into the car park and there was another chap with a 75 estate (in gold) loading up his shopping.  He didn't turn round when I pulled up and I didn't want to wander over and start talking to him in case the 75 was just "an car" to him, but as I was about to go into the shop he came over and said "another Rover owner I see".  We then had a good old natter about 75s for about five minutes.  You wouldn't get that with any other modern* that I can think of...

9 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Just went to Tesco in the Rover 75.  Pulled into the car park and there was another chap with a 75 estate (in gold) loading up his shopping.  He didn't turn round when I pulled up and I didn't want to wander over and start talking to him in case the 75 was just "an car" to him, but as I was about to go into the shop he came over and said "another Rover owner I see".  We then had a good old natter about 75s for about five minutes.  You wouldn't get that with any other modern* that I can think of...

Did either of you start inadvertently wollarding at any stage in the conversation? Or use the term ‘It’s the British Mercedes’?

Dickhead spaces his registration plate incorrectly then moans when it's misread and he gets a parking ticket.

"A FURIOUS driver has been slapped with three wrongful parking fines in a month after council officers misread his customised numberplate.

Shaun Maxwell, of Beresford Road, Southend, has been hit with three fines since the council switched from physical resident parking permits to online permits.

The 59-year-old, who has had the same car and licence plate for 11 years, was hit with two fines in August after council officers misread the “O” on his numberplate for a zero."

Maybe just have your plate correct and then there will be no need to be furious.

K30.jpg.3ddd5123236aa8fd7e657320cc8597e5.jpg

By context I'd read that as a zero because it follows a three... Is this plate meant to be K3 OSM? It's a bit pathetic trying to make your plate read something by misspacing it and then moaning that people can't read it when displayed incorrectly.

1 minute ago, Rust Collector said:

By context I'd read that as a zero because it follows a three... Is this plate meant to be K3 OSM? It's a bit pathetic trying to make your plate read something by misspacing it and then moaning that people can't read it when displayed incorrectly.

It must be K3 OSM to be a correct format, and pathetic sums him up nicely!

On a Friday mornings I always pop to Costa for a coffee as a happy Friday treat. There’s two oldish fellas who always sit outside, they love the random collection of cars I arrive in “You love your old cars you don’t you!” But bar the 2CV the car they’ve loved the most was when I turned up in the 9000 for the first time yesterday. One was telling me of how he had one As a company car back in the day. Always good to chat about the cars…