What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 8/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

IMG_2344edit.thumb.jpg.dc35fef9731a01a24e0adb57402adcaa.jpg

Plenty of patina on these two. The Triumph has had the same owner since 1968.....

Great to see that Triumph hasn't changed since 2016 when I saw it at the Bourne show.  Owner seemed very sound, one of the cars of the show for me on that day.

DSCF4100.thumb.JPG.7f840100dad17a73d3973b1df207feb4.JPG

so was watching bangers and cash

turned over and hammond classic car thing is on

kinda watching it on mute - looking at grizz threads also

still on mute but had it on when he took the e type to prescott :D

it had a wee and mindy was driving - i dont think he blamed her :D

'do you think we got away with it?' as the pa bloke asked do you have float for su carb please :D hammond is stuck :D

6 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

Never throw anything like that away. Original tools etc. add to desirability as cars get older. 

It all went in the Bin with the original owners manual, wheel nut key, comprehensive service history and 2 spare sets of keys*

*nothing got binned really 

1 hour ago, goosey said:

nothing got binned really 

**Stops hyperventilating**

That's good to know. I trailed all sorts of useless crap out of my Subarus before they were taken away for recycling - no idea what I'll do with logbooks and history files for cars that no longer exist, but maybe some day I will.

Yes, my house is a shit-tip. How did you guess?

5 hours ago, STUNO said:

No photo...... saw a Tesla come through our town today. towing a caravan and with a large carrier on the car roof. I did wonder how far he was planning to go !!

That's a good plan.

Travel for vacation only as far as you're willing to walk back home.

6 hours ago, STUNO said:

No photo...... saw a Tesla come through our town today. towing a caravan and with a large carrier on the car roof. I did wonder how far he was planning to go !!

It's becoming a problem on camping sites , they pick sites with unmetered electricity then expect to charge their car in the price 

I've just been to a site that've changed to metered electricity , the owner said her electricity cost is double the price cap so if people take the piss with heating awnings and charging cars that's the way all sites will go 

I don't expect a gallon of diesel to be waiting on my pitch so why should an ev charge for free 

Convertible washing day today…

D2FA5870-E364-4A8B-921F-D5AE4C74AD07.jpeg

The grin is because it’s nearly time for the pub and tomorrow, we’re off to London for the weekend to drink shit loads of beer and see the Divine Comedy at the final night of their postponed and rearranged Barbican anniversary show with front row seats on Sunday night.

This Z is really growing on me…so much so, I’ve owned it nearly a month and I’m not yet contemplating selling it (though I do have an hankering for that V8 X350 on here to match my green one and something is going to have to give shortly…)

E49C8F31-702A-4709-918C-9370E512AF3C.jpeg

In other totally* non related news, this may be up for grabs shortly once I’ve rebuilt the nearside front suspension as the knocking was doing my head in…

6C0724BB-D38A-41BA-8DE3-06C733CF5FB0.jpeg

It was going to be a forever car but you can only drive so many…. 🙁🤔😂