What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, hairnet said:

Why do they do that

85 was crossed out and it was 51 

But the first email I got was a receipt with 85 on it

They were nearly getting rung up lol

Screenshot_20220828-104513.png

Probably the company will put it down to a special offer and thus reduce tax by claiming the difference as a loss. Or some th8ng.

Dad had an emergency operation.  They've found the mother of all tumours in his vocal cords, gave him a traciotomy on Friday.  They took a biopsy.  And will decide next week what treatment he's getting

Yesterday he was sitting up.  They are feeding him through a tube. 

IMG-20220827-WA0003.thumb.jpg.84b1757023b51767eeecd1a9601e4cf7.jpg

Today they let him get a bit of fresh air.

IMG-20220828-WA0000.thumb.jpg.9c7041104999a313820d3a0c7bc769cb.jpg

Sounds shit?  Why have I put it in the grin thread? 

Well he didn't die in the operating theatre. 

Doctor says : You aren't ill. You do have cancer and that might make you ill. But right now you are okay. 

10 hours ago, hairnet said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Belgium

Wiki says beginning U are trailers but they don't go on cars although I've seen shonk in be with a plate like that so maybe it's a rural thing?? (Farmers don't care lol)

That's standardised.... The individual communes were just handing them out until the late. 70s.early 80s - when it became centralised. Only plate I saw like the above was. B.6409(iirc) which was the 80+yr old neighbour who had to give up as she was declared legally blind! Never seen 1 with an X on the end like that. 

Same/similar with driving licences.... No test at all until mid 70s. So many were driving by then that they couldn't test everyone. People could just show up, say they could drive and walk out with a licence....  

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Dad had an emergency operation.  They've found the mother of all tumours in his vocal cords, gave him a traciotomy on Friday.  They took a biopsy.  And will decide next week what treatment he's getting

Yesterday he was sitting up.  They are feeding him through a tube. 

IMG-20220827-WA0003.thumb.jpg.84b1757023b51767eeecd1a9601e4cf7.jpg

Today they let him get a bit of fresh air.

IMG-20220828-WA0000.thumb.jpg.9c7041104999a313820d3a0c7bc769cb.jpg

Sounds shit?  Why have I put it in the grin thread? 

Well he didn't die in the operating theatre. 

Doctor says : You aren't ill. You do have cancer and that might make you ill. But right now you are okay. 

Day, won. Seems a sound bloke, be there for him.

11 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Probably the company will put it down to a special offer and thus reduce tax by claiming the difference as a loss. Or some th8ng.

I've just had that from a booking in Spain.  £35 0ff.

Then got a message from Spain saying Booking.com have paid £35 on your behalf. Your bill will still show as the full amount, but you pay us minus £35 on arrival.

Must be some fair commission to Booking.com for them to give you some back.

On 8/27/2022 at 11:29 PM, Andyrew said:

Found this hidden behind the uk plates. 

20220827_222425.thumb.jpg.d83c8d3138e3ac954555a30faf98a38b.jpg

Anyone understand belgium number Plates?

A.000.A format plates were only issued from 1971-1973, the version before the long standing AAA-000 format was introduced from 1973-2008.

Front plates are owner provided (whereas the rear plates are provided and owned by the State with a small embossed CV seal which should [but not always] be returned to deregister the car or plate if transferring), although it's interesting to see a sticker front plate hiding back there!

22 minutes ago, 2110 said:

A.000.A format plates were only issued from 1971-1973, the version before the long standing AAA-000 format was introduced from 1973-2008.

Front plates are owner provided (whereas the rear plates are provided and owned by the State with a small embossed CV seal which should [but not always] be returned to deregister the car or plate if transferring), although it's interesting to see a sticker front plate hiding back there!

Thank you very much. Thats some great info! 

The cars down as a 1976 build on the log book. So this plate would have been transfered from another vehicle i assume? Theres nothing behind the rear plate which now makes sense. 

Heading back home across country yesterday after a couple of days away, we happened to pass through Stamford and needed to stop for lunch. Thought we'd head down to the river and have a quiet picnic, only to find a car show taking place.

Had spare time and the weather was good, so we had a wander around. Good to look at different stuff to what I see at local events, although the deckchairs, display boards and nonsense overheard conversations were just the same.

IMG_2410edit.thumb.jpg.27375fc1989bd3d1219026e819edede8.jpg

The latter was particularly so on this stand. Lovely cars (wheels on the coupe aside), but my goodness there was some crap being spouted forth in that gazebo. No wonder the Granada clubs were always splitting-up into new factions.

IMG_2332edit.thumb.jpg.b88a97ed8f96c47ebc3fe7e464028f33.jpg

IMG_2344edit.thumb.jpg.dc35fef9731a01a24e0adb57402adcaa.jpg

Plenty of patina on these two. The Triumph has had the same owner since 1968.....

One car at least was familiar to me however:

IMG_2379edit.thumb.jpg.7b725cb6edfc3afb5fb781a48fa8e09a.jpg

@meggersdog I believe.....

Stayed long enough to see the Lancaster flypast as well, quite a sight over the historic town centre of Stamford.

29 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

Thank you very much. Thats some great info! 

The cars down as a 1976 build on the log book. So this plate would have been transfered from another vehicle i assume? Theres nothing behind the rear plate which now makes sense. 

No problem! Yes I would say definitely transferred. Plates in Belgium stay with the owner rather than the car, so you can see some really old faded rear plates on brand new cars sometimes!

I believe now they have made the law that to transfer an old plate to a new purchase it has to be returned and re-issued as a personalised plate so new long European base with the old number, but if you keep an old car going you don't have to replate. Sorry - geek moment!

33 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Heading back home across country yesterday after a couple of days away, we happened to pass through Stamford and needed to stop for lunch. Thought we'd head down to the river and have a quiet picnic, only to find a car show taking place.

Had spare time and the weather was good, so we had a wander around. Good to look at different stuff to what I see at local events, although the deckchairs, display boards and nonsense overheard conversations were just the same.

IMG_2410edit.thumb.jpg.27375fc1989bd3d1219026e819edede8.jpg

The latter was particularly so on this stand. Lovely cars (wheels on the coupe aside), but my goodness there was some crap being spouted forth in that gazebo. No wonder the Granada clubs were always splitting-up into new factions.

IMG_2332edit.thumb.jpg.b88a97ed8f96c47ebc3fe7e464028f33.jpg

IMG_2344edit.thumb.jpg.dc35fef9731a01a24e0adb57402adcaa.jpg

Plenty of patina on these two. The Triumph has had the same owner since 1968.....

One car at least was familiar to me however:

IMG_2379edit.thumb.jpg.7b725cb6edfc3afb5fb781a48fa8e09a.jpg

@meggersdog I believe.....

Stayed long enough to see the Lancaster flypast as well, quite a sight over the historic town centre of Stamford.

Yep that is mine. And yes you were not wrong about that Granada club bunch. 

On 8/28/2022 at 10:46 AM, Rustybullethole said:

The mrs was flicking through old pics on her phone and came across this one of my youngest at the time fair young still redoing the brake lines on one of the old smilies. Back in the days before secondary school, mobile phones and her teen years kicking in she would get right stuck in.  Happy days.

70843F53-AA72-4A3F-9477-DBCB79915B98.thumb.png.34d46699644a6428cab1a08adaa46180.png

Nice to see her on the lager too.

Start 'em young I say.

On 8/29/2022 at 9:56 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

image.png.cde746ce6a1f37ed0bcc4b0751b87cf4.png             Was this enough to make you sick?

Dirty protest for the win!

The owner of the car that mysteriously* got sloppy dog shit on the windscreen has been observed collecting all the dog eggs deposited on the lane. He appears to be taking extra special care in clearing the bit where cunt next door parks, so perhaps thinks he's the protester. It would of course be awful* if he was to start doing things to cunt's truck in retaliation. 

Madam is mucky but happy from our return trip to Silverlake.

6501E1A7-2675-4691-BB49-8E25C0D2AA6F.jpeg

£48 for the pair of struts, which is bargainous. No leaks, no rust but I may change the top mounts just for some peace of mind - they’re in good nick but is it worth the risk?

Also managed to get a better fuel filler cap as a freebie. We’re thinking of going back in a few weeks to get a better driver’s door as a really nice yellow R50 came in on the u-pick section while we were there.

And Cock Piss Partridge t-shirt again.

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

Madam is mucky but happy from our return trip to Silverlake.

6501E1A7-2675-4691-BB49-8E25C0D2AA6F.jpeg

£48 for the pair of struts, which is bargainous. No leaks, no rust but I may change the top mounts just for some peace of mind - they’re in good nick but is it worth the risk?

Also managed to get a better fuel filler cap as a freebie. We’re thinking of going back in a few weeks to get a better driver’s door as a really nice yellow R50 came in on the u-pick section while we were there.

And Cock Piss Partridge t-shirt again.

I'd put new top mounts on whilst there their in your missus's hands. Be alot easier than needing to do it after their fitted! Go in there once, replace everything, never touch it again*

Extinction Rebellion "approve" the use of old diesel vehicles. :D:D

"a vehicles carbon footprint (electric, petrol or diesel) is locked into its production. It is more environmentally sound to use diesel vehicles for as long as possible as long as they are running efficiently than it is to buy new electric vehicles."

https://order-order.com/2022/08/24/extinction-rebellion-announce-national-bus-tour-using-diesel-buses/