What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

:lol::lol::lol: Very good.

$(KGrHqYOKioE32f0YpY0BODd)-5lQg~~_12.JPG

The little hair-scratches are from where I dropped the TV down the side of my ex-wife's new MG.

It is being clumsy like this why my wife left me... Everytime I look at the TV it reminds me of her. I need it gone.

The guy over the road (who is a bit of a knobhead) parked his brand new 11 plate Audi A8 outside my house last night, I noticed while walking round it that it only has tax to the end of august. It can't have been registered earlier than March 1st, so that means the fuggin cheapskate bought 6 months tax for his £60,000 car.

The guy over the road (who is a bit of a knobhead) parked his brand new 11 plate Audi A8 outside my house last night, I noticed while walking round it that it only has tax to the end of august. It can't have been registered earlier than March 1st, so that means the fuggin cheapskate bought 6 months tax for his £60,000 car.

Surely more likely that the dealership kindly included road tax in the sale price, then acted all tightwad and only got six months. Was probably running on fumes when he collected it as well.

I'm on a roll of sorts here. Jag MOT expires next month so thought I'd put it in to see what happens. Result? First time pass with a few of minor advisories :D

I'm on a roll of sorts here. Jag MOT expires next month so thought I'd put it in to see what happens. Result? First time pass with a few of minor advisories :D

Nice one! You've got me quite interested in one of these as a long-distance cruiser. Probably a bad idea given my hatred of modern electronics...

Hey if you want one of these fine carriages in your life I'm just a pm away :D

If it helps clinch the sale I cleaned the seats up a bit just now and have adjusted the clock to tell the right time.

Just read this on an HGV forum.

"Our firm do some jobs moving transformers etc out of substations with Central Networks. One place they arrived at had a smoke-blackened human outline (like in a cartoon) against the wall................ CN's guys said they've seen them before :!:

Reckon they just scrape up the dead gyppo onto the back of the tranny pick up and scarper :P"

I can't believe that people are stupid enough to try and steal copper from a live substation.

I occasionally see local chavs cycling gleefully along on their mountain bike (made up of numerous stolen parts) with a roll of copper something or other under their arms.

Breaking into an electrical substation is a cheaper method than going to Dignatus I suppose.

I sold my old welder on ebay without pain or hassle. It sold on Wednesday and they picked it up on Thursday getting the humungos thing out my lockup.

I got a years or so's service out of it then sold it for double what I paid for it. Result.

Off on holiday for a week to the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow which I'm quite looking forwards too, We are going with the in-laws who are going to drive up in their Peugeot 307 Estate, I quite fancied driving myself but it seems a bit pointless taking two cars up there and it will save me money on diesel.

I'm off to Donegall next week. Peace and quiet, and good Guinness.

We had a couple of guys break into a Portakabin at my power station. They didn't get any cable, but they did nick some laptops. Unbeknownst to them, they were ones I had left out to dump, as they weren't worth fixing. The two scrotes got a shoeing in Larne, as they has sold one of the knackered laptops to a local hard case, who wasn't amused that he'd paid £100 for a laptop that wouldn't even power on. The copper who phoned up to tell us was laughing his head off!

Off on holiday for a week to the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow which I'm quite looking forwards too, We are going with the in-laws who are going to drive up in their Peugeot 307 Estate, I quite fancied driving myself but it seems a bit pointless taking two cars up there and it will save me money on diesel.

Whereabouts in the Dales are you going?

I am happy, having been given a free laptop (and no laughing policemen in the process).

It screams 'CMOS CHECKSUM FAILURE' on startup, after which it thinks it's 1/1/2002. It was only used to run one piece of software which was utterly confounded by the date problem, so the solution was to bin the laptop :roll: It actually runs beautifully, and has nothing installed so it's like new.

With any luck a new CMOS battery should bring it back to full functionality.

We are going to the Hoseasons site at Arncliffe in Skipton, It seems to have good reviews.

Bear in mind that the A59 Harrogate to Skipton road - the most direct route from the A1 - is closed at the moment due to rebuilding work after a landslide near Blubberhouses.

Edit: my other half has just told me it's opened 2 days early!

Also the Yorkshire show is on in Harrogate from Tuesday-Thursday, it turns getting into Harrogate for anything other than the show an absolute freakin' nightmare.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-14028319

No-one ever mentions just how far 132,000 volts can travel through the air!

1.4 meters if my memory serves.

(I work on substation maintanance and you wouldn't believe how many substations get robbed!)

Presumably to be covered on tv in conjunction with Jeremy Kyle rejects laying wreaths and saying he was "good to his mother" and "a jack-the-lad"