What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1. New[er] 305 carb en route.

2. New shite on horizon.

3. Other forgotten shite appearing out of nowhere and still being available.

4. Selling stuff to 'shiters in the midst of idiots letting you down. U LOT R WEL GUD (etc).

5. 'Bristol Cars - A Very British Story' by Christopher Balfour. Got it for Christmas and dipped in and out of it. Now I'm into the 5th chapter and loving it. I suppose I should grow a pair and ring the number my mate gave me for Mr Crook to see if he wants to be interviewed by an idiot Manc plastique and his new voice recorder.

6. Excellent timewarp finds by the side of the roadside.

7. King of The Road by Fu Manchu.

googled it and it came back with "edinborough, capital of scotland"

Fucking americans!

If you're going to have a go at someone for not spelling Edinburgh correctly at least use a capital letter at the start of 'Americans' :o:D:P

Next time just 'accidentally' dropped the faux leather keyring for the 827 on to her lap. If she doesn't rip her trollies off on the spot and drag you into the lift for a spot of horizontal jogging then she's obviously a clam jouster.

No.

They started the War on Grammar!

In that case you should find yourself an aluminum colored fiber from the the center of your catalog, stick it in his ass and ask him if that's his flavor.

No.

They started the War on Grammar!

In that case you should find yourself an aluminum colored fiber from the the center of your catalog, stick it in his ass and ask him if that's his flavor.

Bitch.

Apologies for part of this post as I'm fully aware this isn't Face-Ache:

It's my lad's 18th birthday today and he's a cracking young man that me and the fuhrer are very proud of. He's never got into any bother, doesn't drink (well, that's what he tells us!) and is just a genuine nice guy who never lets anything bother him. He's worked damned hard for shit money and just got on in life without resorting to hanging round doing sod all and being a pain in the arse.

Anyhow related to the above but getting back onto shite track the Frontera passed the MOT today. After major league flappage by your's truly and visions of it not being ready to roll for the big day today, it's now fully MOT'd and is wearing six months of Doovla's finest in the screen. Sorted the overheating (leccy fan fuse knackered) and some minor piss arsing about it was ready just in time. Was honestly nearly worn out with worry it wouldn't be ready so I'm over the proverbial moon now after a good fews days of shitting blue lights.

I've just been out to show him it and he's absolutely chuffed to bits (insert your own 'easily pleased' comments here) and we're booked in for some soft roading in about ten days time.

Fronetrabirthdaypresenttothemaxlol002.jpg

Fronetrabirthdaypresenttothemaxlol003.jpg

Fronetrabirthdaypresenttothemaxlol001.jpg

Just for teh lolz...

Fronetrabirthdaypresenttothemaxlol004.jpg

*Edit: he also got a shit load of cash for his birthday. Undoubtably he'll need this to fix it when it goes wrong :lol:

As the MOT is due on the 14 next month and as I was taking it into the garage for another problem (see the grumpy thread) I asked them to have a look underneath to let me know how much welding would (undoubtably) be needed next month, especially as I did use the car over the winter, I keep it outside and probably haven't jet washed it as much as I should, hardly ever to my shame.

Anyway, he tells me that the only problem he can see underneath is a drive shaft gaiter and that it will not need any welding at all. So in that respect I am very happy! :D

It's my lad's 18th birthday...etc

That's ace, that. I mean it's obviously a big red shit box, but in the best possible way, and I'd have been overjoyed with it when I was 18. In fact, I wouldn't have minded it for my 30th.

I already have similar plans in mind (not a frontera, mind!) for my daughter, and she's 5. She'll appreciate sommat shit though, she pointed out a white K10 micra to me the other day out walking in Durham. Ms_tone was massively not amused. :D

Top dad-ing.

spotting 848 CRY on Eastern Avenue Gloucester thirty mins ago in the pouring rain!

Bugger, I went down Eastern Ave about 2 hours ago. Dammit!

Still, it's not raining in Wigan, which is where I am now.

spotting 848 CRY on Eastern Avenue Gloucester thirty mins ago in the pouring rain!

Bugger, I went down Eastern Ave about 2 hours ago. Dammit!

Still, it's not raining in Wigan, which is where I am now.

you should have popped by for a 'shite' meeting

it isn't often you see the 12th oldest E type and one that appeared in the Italian Job

Next time just 'accidentally' dropped the faux leather keyring for the 827 on to her lap. If she doesn't rip her trollies off on the spot and drag you into the lift for a spot of horizontal jogging then she's obviously a clam jouster.

Just need a time machine to go back and tell my 17 year old self this top bird pulling tip!

I tried to impress some girls once in my 825 Turbo Diesel. I thought they would be impressed so I accelerated hard up the hill they were walking up, the turbo kicked in and sent lots of black smoke over them! I saw a couple of them spluttering in my rear view mirror, I don't think they were that impressed!! :?

googled it and it came back with "edinborough, capital of scotland"

Fucking americans!

If you're going to have a go at someone for not spelling Edinburgh correctly at least use a capital letter at the start of 'Americans' :o:D:P

Not sure the seppoes actually merit a capital letter, Billy :lol:

I tried to impress some girls once in my 825 Turbo Diesel. I thought they would be impressed so I accelerated hard up the hill they were walking up, the turbo kicked in and sent lots of black smoke over them! I saw a couple of them spluttering in my rear view mirror, I don't think they were that impressed!! :?

Ugh. Women. They just don't get it!

Ugh. Women. They just don't get it!

They would if they'd let me.

Walking the dog whilst eating free cherries.

One of the footpaths on the edge of the village where I walk the dog has two cherry trees with ripe cherries on them.The low branches have already been picked clean so this 45 year old bloke scrambled up a tree like a 15 year old just to nab some free cherries.Filled my pockets,climbed down and carried on walking the dog.

Also day two as an ex smoker has almost ended.

My neighbours cherry tree overhangs my garden and it's got tonnes on. I'm right in thinking if I stick to what's directly above my garden, it's fine to pick them right?

If not - too late, I'll be needing a stomach pump if they want them back. OM NYOM NYOM.