What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

20 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Finally got my old 523i back tonight, bought it from @prepace and sold it two years ago, regretted it ever since. 

Big smile all the way home, better than I remember, bloke I sold it to seems to of looked after it fairly well though of course he’s broken the cup holders!

0E7F281C-5202-46DA-858D-5658A71C7BAB.thumb.jpeg.134d42fe472e1dc9462a15f103e0bd9d.jpeg

I was just thinking about this car the other day and how nice it was.

20 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Finally got my old 523i back tonight, bought it from @prepace and sold it two years ago, regretted it ever since. 

Big smile all the way home, better than I remember, bloke I sold it to seems to of looked after it fairly well though of course he’s broken the cup holders!

0E7F281C-5202-46DA-858D-5658A71C7BAB.thumb.jpeg.134d42fe472e1dc9462a15f103e0bd9d.jpeg

My mate had one on a T plate. Black, black leather and manual. Lovely and smooth but not a racer.

17 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

Saw a LHD lowered, freshly painted, yellow lighted Mk. 1 Renault Trafic in Cambridge. Couldn’t work out if it was visiting from France or not as it has weird plates: I wouldn’t normally be interested in such things but it was so bloody cool looking! Then I saw it again later in my village when we went for a walk— got to tell them it was a cool van. 

I think I want as early Trafic now

Wot no pictures, didn't happen then 🤨

IMAG6480.thumb.jpg.8303b823b4e989c069bccdfc54cde743.jpg

Unobtanium acquired!  These are the best condition rear drum backing plates I've ever seen for a Princess.  Most of the factory paint is still there and what rust is present is just surface stuff.  Once the new brake shoe retaining pins arrive (the ones in the Jensen Healey kit are too short) I can finally rebuild my rear drums.  I'll be cleaning these backing plates off and repainting them to make sure they last as long as possible and I'll have a go at repairing the ones on the car so I've got back ups.  I got very lucky that these were on eBay just when I needed them and were a mere £30 posted for the pair.  They even have better fixing bolts than what's on mine, so that's a little bonus.

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Sitting in traffic on the A14 and @BorniteIdentity has just gone hooning past in the opposite direction in the Sierra bASe. 

Eyeball Eyeball! 

Felixstowe bound. I reckon I nailed a 28mpg round trip which - at £8.98 a gallon - stung a trifle.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, 808 Estate said:

That accurately describes all the non driving female members of my OH’s family. Who all use the excuse of “I haven’t got a car so I’m not used to it”, as they either slam the door off its hinges or leave it on the first latch. It’s a fucking door, just close it like every other door. 

On 8/13/2022 at 6:31 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

I stopped at a used car place in Caussade yesterday as they had a tidy older Mercedes S-Class lined-up with the modern bilge (and a Hyundai Sonata!).

My eye was caught by a 2003 406, apparently a 1.7 petrol Comfort Pack with just under 100k kms on the clock. Admittedly quite tidy-looking, it was up for 4,490 Euros.

Cars are too cheap in UK. Meaning loads of cars get scrapped with ten years of life left in them because the clutch goes or they need 4 tyres and new shocks. The French way is far less wasteful.

Had a walk round past daughter's house.  She isn't well and took her daughter to Oxford uni last Saturday, drove there and back in the day, 12 hours driving.

Then went for her yesterday, another twelve hours driving.  The car was making gurgling noises and needs topping up with coolant periodically.  I feared the worst but she was adamant that she would go, probably so her ex-husband didn't.

Was very pleased to see the car outside.  Just had a text and all went well.  Didn't expect her to be up but she has an appointment at 10:30.

keep looking at ferry prices (need to keep checking as itll be short notice booking - see if theyre full or not)

when you look at it and then just close the page it saves the previous

but this time i picked bike as normal

shit meself when price came up at 300 quid one way

the drop down menu had picked small coach (scroll down without uncolouring the box it picks the next thing or worse :D )

ffs :D

On a cycle ride out yesterday on the Cheshire plain, I spotted a meshersmit ( other spellings are available) heading, presumably,  to the Cheshire cars and coffee at Cheshire lakes in dodleston  which we’d just passed. I was in front and waved and he did wave back. Saw a Citroen traction this morning too, a5 westbound near Shrewsbury.

My parents have done the unthinkable and told me that it’s finally time to clear out all the old shit I left in their basement.

I only went and found these in the first box I looked in:

DE0B942A-6A27-4CF8-9A2F-AD8EF65ABFCA.thumb.jpeg.223afbf38f193002340708658e5fff08.jpeg

I thought I’d lost those years ago when I moved out of my unit, I’ve been chewing my way through rubber hoses ever since as I’m too tight to spend £5 for another set.

Also in the box is a bonus broken Xbox, swap for your car M9