What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Wow, that looks bloody fantastic man!

I've lived here nearly 3 years now and it's really only very recently I've come to fully appreciate how nice a place to live it is!

Alas it's rented, so it's not actually mine, but it'll do.

2 hours ago, reb said:

I've lived here nearly 3 years now and it's really only very recently I've come to fully appreciate how nice a place to live it is!

Alas it's rented, so it's not actually mine, but it'll do.

This'll  be my plan if my kids ever leave home, sell up and rent a view like that and hopefully die with 27p in the bank

21 hours ago, cobblers said:

A few years ago I had a campsite booked, a pub meal booked, monday booked off work and was all set for a couple of nights away in the camper and a nice hike all day. I was really looking forward to it.

Sunday lunch time, just before I set off I decided to take the back wheel off the Talbot for one reason or another. It was something inconsequential. 

The wheel was stuck onto the drum a bit, so I gave it a boot and it came off, taking the drum with it. When the drum came off, it pulled the shoes off the backplate and the fixing springs and clips all shot off across the carpark and one of the pistons on the wheel cylinder popped out, rolled across the floor and all the brake fluid just started pouring out of the hole. 

I just sat there, shaking my head watching it drain onto the floor for about ten minutes in silence. 

A mate bought the most expensive synthetic oil for his motorbike , did the oil change , filled it, checked, not on the stick , so put more in until the whole can was in it 

That's when he stood up and saw a golden stream of oil running down the drive the other side of the bike and a sump plug on the floor 

12 hours ago, Wack said:

A mate bought the most expensive synthetic oil for his motorbike , did the oil change , filled it, checked, not on the stick , so put more in until the whole can was in it 

That's when he stood up and saw a golden stream of oil running down the drive the other side of the bike and a sump plug on the floor 

I did exactly that filling my Calibra Turbo once.

What made me grin, the new wording on well known blue bag of doom merchants Britpart's packaging. I honestly thought they were boasting a 24  hour guarantee. 

R.thumb.jpg.0be4772a4d2308c7f7d39969999072d6.jpg