What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

£5.00 tip yesterday, £10.00 today.

Some customers are a damn nuisance but it's nice to get a bit of extra cash from the ones who appreciate your efforts. :oops:

Oh and an invite to visit someone as their guest for Horse Riding/Off Road Buggy driving/Paintball delete as you prefer.

(told the missus about the horses so about a million bonus points for me for that). :mrgreen:

A mate of the guy who's works in the garage next to my lockup came in with his BMW last night because he'd lost his alloys locking nut key.

It took all of 15 minutes for him to remove all 4 locking nuts from the wheels. That is all.

After selling my Tamiya Cheetah for ££££s to a mad American collector without ever seeing it, here's another I picked up instead.

DSC_0047.jpg

It came through a couple of days ago. Work has been so utterly mental I haven't had chance to look at it properly until today. It's got most of its original packaging FFS. It has clearly been run a few times (the scrapes on the front chassis plate bear that out) but that means I'm more likely to give it a squizz around the garden now and again. With an RS 380 and a 1200 mAh battery, it ain't gonna be fast, but that isn't really the point of it anyway.

When I got a Cheetah I said I'd stop buying random pieces of Tamiya tat. I think in RC terms the Cheetah is BANG ON TREND for Autoshite, because it's rare, a bit shit and beige. Trouble is, I still want a working Lunchbox (my bargain one is utterly shashed), a 306 Maxi and a Sand Scorcher.

Argh, and another ****** has appeared and it's amazing and OMG I can afford it. Not fair not fair not fair.

I've been in france this week, got a great mag called 'youngtimers' (I hate that expression, its defo got some sort of dodgy german swinging overtones) which is chock full of shite including a 4-page full-colour article on an early restored renner 14TL. I'll try to scan a bit in for your delectation later.

I've been in france this week, got a great mag called 'youngtimers' (I hate that expression, its defo got some sort of dodgy german swinging overtones) which is chock full of shite including a 4-page full-colour article on an early restored renner 14TL. I'll try to scan a bit in for your delectation later.

Can you scan it into something like Word, and post up the text too so we can online-translate it too please? That would be great for us whose O-grade French is 20-odd years out of date, and didn't include much in the way of motors*.

*I could never do the listening comprehensions - I lucked in with the exam though as it was about some old biddy who drove everyhwere at 20km/h - I couldn't believe my luck! Pass rather than FALE!

It is indeed a cracking mag, loads better than anything we get here. I picked a copy up last week as well, slowly working my way through it as and when I get chance.

Couldn't get my hands on an a-frame this morning so had to borrow a straight bar and get Emma to sit in the Golf as I towed it to the welders with the Jeep. She's never been towed before, and it's a 20 odd mile run.

Which was easy peasy. Gray and Daaaaaaaave did a splendid job of welding the bulkhead around the clutch cable, I put it back together and we brought it back.

If only everything was as easy to fix (again) as a Volkswagen.

The RAF have just done a flypast here. Fuck me, those Tornados are LOUD. Awesome stuff, a truly glorious sight.

Yeah, we get that A LOT here. Tornados, some smaller things and bloody great Hercs at times too. We were driving along one day and it all went dark - that was because there was a Herc about 50ft above us! Sometimes they fly straight at our house and turn across the valley. The jets scare the shit out of you - the Hercs sound warm and cuddly by comparison.

When I were a children we used to park our caravan on a farm near RAF Valley on Anglesey. Valley is where the Vulcans were. You can imagine being 8 years old, stepping out of the Sprite Alpine to find a bloody big delta-wing bomber parting your hair! (We must have been right at the end of the runway...)

Went to a local steam rally/vehicle show today. It's been on for a few years but I'd never bothered with it before and today I realised what I'd missed, it was ace! Picture laden thread to come tomorrow, I'm off out on the razz shortly for a spot of kidney punishing.

Taught the puppy to swim today. Well, it's inate i suppose, but up until today she would never go out of her depth, and used to run back to the beach. But today, armed with a load of cheese we lured her into the deeper water until she was swimming without realising, and now she loves it! Massive grin!

I just stumbled across that nonsense a couple of pages back about the 'hypocracy' of sticking poppies on 'non-british' cars, it caused me to LOL somewhat. Give me strength :roll:

I couldn't be bothered reading it. I despair of the mouth-breathers who STILL insist on buying 500 quid Rovers "cos itz British innit", as if they are in some way supporting the British car industry. I get enough of that on the other channel.

When I were a children we used to park our caravan on a farm near RAF Valley on Anglesey. Valley is where the Vulcans were. You can imagine being 8 years old, stepping out of the Sprite Alpine to find a bloody big delta-wing bomber parting your hair! (We must have been right at the end of the runway...)

I think we use to go there too. Deffo a caravan site by a Vulcan airfield in Anglesey, proably mid-late eighties when I was 7 or 8. Dont recall them ever moving though, I imagine they would have been pretty much out of service by then.

^^They would have been. There was a major panic to get the aircraft they need ready for the Black Buck raids (Port Stanley) as they were pretty much retired it by 1982. There's a story that RAF Techs had to snaffle bits from sentinels (the aircraft you sometimes see as static displays at military bases) to get airframes to operational readiness.

the Vulcan is a wonderful aircraft.

Tried out my new camera today, I am very impressed with it! Cost quite a bit more than I was hoping, but otherwise, it is perfect. Has a really handy mode for 'arty' shots too, so I made full use of that:

5872845693_983308cc75_z.jpg

E9. by bramm77, on Flickr

Didn't go back to Putney today, that can wait. It is far too hot.

Did you get that Jessops job? I've asked Mrs B to get it for my birthday.

I actually got a Canon Ixus 117 HS because they didnt seem to have any of those Fujifilms in store! Could have done with the larger zoom, but I am happy with this one.