What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 7/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, hairnet said:

Oof......

If you're still near Mont St Michel - head to the alligator farm just nearby and 2km after that there's a Renault/Citroen licker/old garage that's loaded with tat.  Gf even enjoyed it.... 

On the way back up - Trevieres and the Normandy beaches - last Post at the American Cemetery is something special. 

did mont st michel a long time ago on the bike - you want how much to park a voiture?? :D

did ypres on tuesday

did the canadian and arromanches and omaha (golf course wtf) 15 years ago

did the lickers garage have a 604 parked outside (its been a while)

can i  just say bromley lmfao :D

8 hours ago, hairnet said:

did mont st michel a long time ago on the bike - you want how much to park a voiture?? :D

did ypres on tuesday

did the canadian and arromanches and omaha (golf course wtf) 15 years ago

did the lickers garage have a 604 parked outside (its been a while)

can i  just say bromley lmfao :D

My dad did some of those, the boat over didn't cost him anything and he didn't have a passport.

His bike was an M20

Youngest son started a new job a while back. Factory Maintenance Engineer, done it in the past, but years ago.

First 6 monthly appraisal  today.

Well Stephen, bit of a funny one this. I've asked everyone here, even ..........Director, well known for finding fault.

No one has bad word for you. tbh we've never had this happen before, there's always room for improvement.

We ask you to make something, mend something, dig a hole, build a wall.

Everything you do is an improvement on what was there before.

I always mark down one. Nobody is perfect.

There you go.    Excellent on every line.

By the way, it's not normal to want to lose a good worker, and I don't, but there's a vacancy for Group Engineering Maintenance Manager coming up.

I'd think about applying if I was you. 

I was massively proud yesterday. Went to youngest sons graduation. A Bsc Honours in mechanical with electronic engineering,aeronautical. Culmination of a 4 year degree apprenticeship with a well known aero engine manufacturer. The boy's done good. He's going to Farnborough air show today with work as well. He's hoping to have a look at an X reg Saab 9.3 while he's down there, he's spotted on Facebook. WCPGW?.... 

12 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

I was massively proud yesterday. Went to youngest sons graduation. A Bsc Honours in mechanical with electronic engineering,aeronautical. Culmination of a 4 year degree apprenticeship with a well known aero engine manufacturer. The boy's done good. He's going to Farnborough air show today with work as well. He's hoping to have a look at an X reg Saab 9.3 while he's down there, he's spotted on Facebook. WCPGW?.... 

Well done to him.

I had that sort of thing with my eldest. If he gets the chance to carry on with his studies it can be worthwhile.

Degrees can open many paths and form life long advantageous friendships.

I can also vouch for owning a 9-3 Saab of that era.

Yeah he's a good lad. He shares a big house with two other lads on the same course who he gets on well with. He's also got an extremely attractive girlfriend who has just graduated as well. Think the car thing is because his mates have got shite old cars and he's got a 68 reg Civic diesel(on a PCP!) and he feels a bit left out. There's also a 52reg 325Ci coupe in the frame as mentioned in another topic. 

1 hour ago, Dobloseven said:

Done quite a few contracts with a well known aero engine manufacturer in the East Midlands.  They generally take the brightest most confident graduates, indoctrinate them that they are the best, and generally make them unemployable in the rest of industry. 

Lots of their suppliers wouldn't touch ex RR people, for some reason.  Often they are decent Engineers but have a degree of arrogance that prevents discussion about alternative solutions. 

Tell him to keep a healthy level of scepticism, and to not always believe everything he's fed. That way he'll stay well balanced. 

Oh and grab as much training as he can. They have so many online training courses, he could be doing one a week and never complete them all. 

5 hours ago, New POD said:

Done quite a few contracts with a well known aero engine manufacturer in the East Midlands.  They generally take the brightest most confident graduates, indoctrinate them that they are the best, and generally make them unemployable in the rest of industry. 

Lots of their suppliers wouldn't touch ex RR people, for some reason. 

Got a few here and they're the best guys we have! 

the snafu that is dover on the first few days of the summer holidays

theres a bit in the piece they interview someone (someone always does it on this weekend) on bbc website

they live in windsor

but want to go to brittany

you do know theres three other ports that will deposit you far closer than the one in kent.........

if you have the money to go at this time of year - picking dover cos its the cheapest doesnt make much sense does it

:D

like wanting to go to wales if you live in norfolk but you go via stranraer and larne

12 minutes ago, Snake Charmer said:

I was sent this load of old bollocks......... How long will your shitbox last.

🤣

The Fabia one doesn't factor in current mileage, at 65k. Would be nice if you could add that bit in by hand.

1116806010_Screenshot_20220722-225825_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5b3561ce9836efe4e46cfd42bf53cb6e.jpg

The one for the Sandero does seem a bit pessimistic, mind you.

1102847587_Screenshot_20220722-230034_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2229f7c16b2d7ca7d5dbb2943310bf6c.jpg