What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

due to medical - looking at doing a runner for a coupla days

hai bai cos wanted to do a place

so boat to felbast ok but was thinking back via scotland in a fornight

last time i did larne cairnryan it was 50 quid 18 months ago?

just look for car - 240 quid one way - WTF?

looked at dublin and 200 euro

its cheaper to get the long boat from belfast back to liverpool including stena plus for tea and cake

wtf

would bike it but unlikely to be able to ride it :(

would fly (as last time) but thats a clusterfuck on its own

the grin is fly and hire is usually half the ferry - the car on its own is how much the ferry is - for two days :D - insane

Certainly gone up a wild amount - I paid £127 for a one-way from Cairnryan to Belfast back in November.

Peak season will add a bit, but prices for everything seem to be only going one way at the minute...

Still, at least you're not looking car hire? That'd scare the socks off anyone.

15 minutes ago, cobblers said:

image.png.3bc2222bd731a434f158fb6c5046c9d9.png

My father was as deaf as a post and managed to burn through a clutch in 7K because he could not hear he was slipping it.

He also tried unsuccessfully to claim on warranty and I thought they were quite right to refuse in his case. I didn't tell him he was wasting his time just in case he came up trumps :)

14 hours ago, hairnet said:

due to medical - looking at doing a runner for a coupla days

hai bai cos wanted to do a place

so boat to felbast ok but was thinking back via scotland in a fornight

last time i did larne cairnryan it was 50 quid 18 months ago?

just look for car - 240 quid one way - WTF?

looked at dublin and 200 euro

its cheaper to get the long boat from belfast back to liverpool including stena plus for tea and cake

wtf

would bike it but unlikely to be able to ride it :(

would fly (as last time) but thats a clusterfuck on its own

the grin is fly and hire is usually half the ferry - the car on its own is how much the ferry is - for two days :D - insane

Could the sudden surge in prices be in any way due to the sudden lack of competition from P&O?

3 hours ago, DSdriver said:

Could the sudden surge in prices be in any way due to the sudden lack of competition from P&O?

i dont think so - covid and cos july mainly - i never travel in july if i can help it for this reason :D

not THAT desperate to go to scotland - i can go from here if i was - paying money to go dont see the point 

A friend visited in his not-quite-shabby pre-facelift Rover R8 today (I totally failed to get a photo, I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the ones I he snapped) to deliver a really nice polishing machine from another friend.  Now I want to polish ALL THE THINGS.  I'm going to start with the Maestro since I literally cannot make the paint on it look any worse than it already does.

12 hours ago, vulgalour said:

A friend visited in his not-quite-shabby pre-facelift Rover R8 today (I totally failed to get a photo, I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the ones I he snapped) to deliver a really nice polishing machine from another friend.  Now I want to polish ALL THE THINGS.  I'm going to start with the Maestro since I literally cannot make the paint on it look any worse than it already does.

Warning, it's very addictive! Don't go chasing a flawless perfect finish at the expense of the thickness of the paint! 

20 hours ago, DSdriver said:

My father was as deaf as a post and managed to burn through a clutch in 7K because he could not hear he was slipping it.

He also tried unsuccessfully to claim on warranty and I thought they were quite right to refuse in his case. I didn't tell him he was wasting his time just in case he came up trumps :)

Ive only once had to change the clutch in a car and that had done 160 000 miles., but I’ve heard if supercars that can only do about half a dozen full power launches without getting through a clutch. Can’t imagine anyone would pay a warranty claim for a clutch on a driving school car though.

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Warning, it's very addictive! Don't go chasing a flawless perfect finish at the expense of the thickness of the paint! 

Fortunately, I've used one of these things before and perfect is something that happens to other people, so we're good.

41 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Quiet afternoon so clocked off and serviced the daily driver, found a split pipe which should be the source of lots of limp mode recently.

IMG_20220621_152416797.thumb.jpg.174dd8a2e33e8388f97e658369909933.jpg

Guess what the little van is for.

postman pat convention but it got painted the wrong colour