What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 minutes ago, rainagain said:

That’s equally impressive skills as it is terrifying 

Not much room for a mistake though , most construction jobs you'd get away with a fuck up , that one you'd definitely be dead 

Just sorted out the insurance for the Audi. Rather than add it straight on to our multicar policy I've swapped the Volvo off, seeing as I'm unlikely to use that in the near future with the chassis needing a bit of, err, 'fettling'. Fully expected the usual spanking, but it actually worked out cheaper with the change - a year's cover was about £185 on the Audi compared to about £210 on the Volvo. No meaningful difference after the £9 admin charge but still felt good compared to my expectations!

so this is kinda a grin

applied for renewal passport and did the online photo thing

took a selfie and they said no

went to spielmanns to get a proper one (after being advd by them and post office not to use the photo me booths

went home and it said no - their automated checker said i wasnt facing the camera (!)

went back to spielmann after finding out it said no cos no neutral expression

apart from haircut its the same as my driving licence ffs

went home and applied for an irish passport

they immediatley said ok and let me print the id forms out which you dont get unless they say ok to your info

5 mins after i did this

i get email from hm govt - youve been approved - only after i ranted at them for being hugely picky and saying no to a professional photo - also think pointing out that their automated check was dogshit did the trick also :D

have two approved applications now :D @They_all_do_that_sir

POTATO!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, camryv6 said:

Erm yes, you wouldn't want to take the Exocet out in this weather lol

i bet it rains on the day it is finally road legal - and i’ll still be taking it out anyway :) 

10 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

On the subject of bricks... :D

2012141186_Screenshot_20220615-1431132.thumb.png.edc09542375ece10e40568f98a8a40d9.png

Very brave with a torsion bar suspension!

Back in the 70s my parents were getting an extension built and had chosen a local cowboy builder. Towards completion, they were a few bricks short but not enough to get another pallet delivered, so one of them goes off in a rusty old Mini to collect them.

On returning , as he stopped outside  our house, the entire floor fell out onto the road. It kind of spoils the Italian job for me as I can’t help watching it thinking “ you’d never be able to put that weight in a Mini.”

17 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Back in the 70s my parents were getting an extension built and had chosen a local cowboy builder. Towards completion, they were a few bricks short but not enough to get another pallet delivered, so one of them goes off in a rusty old Mini to collect them.

On returning , as he stopped outside  our house, the entire floor fell out onto the road. It kind of spoils the Italian job for me as I can’t help watching it thinking “ you’d never be able to put that weight in a Mini.”

Tbf I think they do cover it off in the film (sort of). In the scene where they're modifying the cars

"Will it take the weight?!"

"Yes Charlie"

Just been out for a rather enjoyable bike ride - I went a different way to my normal routes, down some deserted single track roads, through some woods listening to the birds' evening chorus, then out into fields one of which had a deer wandering across it (proper deer too, not one of those silly little muntjac things).  It cut diagonally across the field towards the road I was on, stopped when it reached the edge of the road - I stopped as well to see what it'd do.  It stared at me for a minute and then must have decided I wasn't an imminent threat as it took a few steps back into the field to get a run up, clattered across the road about 20 yards in front of me and leapt over the 5' hedge on the other side and off across the fields.  Amazing to see so close up and outside the confines of a car.  Wild flowers were lovely too, although the pollen count must be through the roof as my eyes were itchy AF by the time I got home.