What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, gm said:

I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and see what they can do. The Exo is insured THROUGH Footman James so I'll try them too. The Civic is due it's renewal too and the Exo needs taxing. It's going to be an expensive month :( 

Edited because I'm a pedantic twat. 

I started with "needs taxed", which hurt my pedantic soul, but then I saw more irritations. Fucking knows why. Today is going to be a bad day at work. Everyone is a fucking idiot there. 

3 minutes ago, New POD said:

Edited because I'm a pedantic twat. 

I started with "needs taxed", which hurt my pedantic soul, but then I saw more irritations. Fucking knows why. Today is going to be a bad day at work. Everyone is a fucking idiot there. 

Not saying anyone is a fucking idiot here apart from me, obvs. 

9 hours ago, New POD said:

I'm a pedantic twat. 

Really?  I'd never noticed.

The Scottish contempt for the gerundive was strange to me too the first few times I saw it, but one gets used to it.  I've certainly never seen it as anything worth getting worked up over.

My office at work had a clump of speaker cables hanging out of the cable trunking on the skirting board that seemed to serve no purpose, so imagine my surprise to find an old Realistic PA amplifier and microphone in the back of the storeroom.

Connected it all up and is only bloody works. It even has a phono input, so I could bring in my spare turntable and treat* everyone with some of the excellent* records from my personal collection.

Had to move the Cobra out of the shed to get the Disco of Doom on the ramp. It has not been out this year so has a bit* of dust on it. It's a lovely day so decided to nip to the village and blow the dust off it. Turns out dust is sticky stuff and does not blow off even at well north of 3 figures. Just back with a huge grin, having covered over 50 miles. According to the fuel gauge I have used about 30 litres. Worth it though! :-) 

281570988_2330613483769839_8939674106186051480_n.thumb.jpg.11aa53ed07b13ddccf94a9963a8c87df.jpg

If I'm lucky, that is...

Often it's

25% getting it up on ramps/jacked up
25% looking for tools
30% trying to remove/open parts with the incorrect tools
5% drinking tea in the hope that a break will prevent me breaking something
5% breaking parts/tools/bits of me
10% taking it off ramps/jacks

1 minute ago, chodweaver said:

5% drinking tea in the hope that a break will prevent me breaking something

This is 95% of what I do. The other 5% is prodding things with a screwdriver in the hope it fixes it/doesn't cause me to spontaneously combust.