What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

12 hours ago, J W Pepper said:

I have problems with wood pigeons, they crap everywhere and I only washed my car the day before

Same here.  Had my car here for three days and it took me a couple of hours to get the pigeon crap off it.

It usually lives on my son's drive away from any trees.  Best place for it.

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Currently camping in North Wales. We have invested in inflatable furniture. It takes some getting used to - we are all like whisper in live and let die.

For some reason this has made me laugh for about five minutes.

I don't get out much these days.

3 hours ago, Wack said:

One of the few joys of being old, £2 a week to insure an MX5 fully comp :D

654436417_Screenshot2022-05-31at16-42-02Email-DarrenWakelin-Outlook.png.3a1c8284625208e84b946ccf44fcb80f.png

assuming we have the same insurer, how the hell has yours gone down by the same amount mine has gone up ? they’ll be getting a phone call tomorrow 

D369C9E3-ED4B-4757-9D01-9057ED26297E.thumb.jpeg.f2f782bbad31113d35dc0c74ff2bace2.jpeg

(i am also old) 

1 hour ago, gm said:

assuming we have the same insurer, how the hell has yours gone down by the same amount mine has gone up ? they’ll be getting a phone call tomorrow 

D369C9E3-ED4B-4757-9D01-9057ED26297E.thumb.jpeg.f2f782bbad31113d35dc0c74ff2bace2.jpeg

(i am also old) 

Lancaster , it's on a classic policy 3k a year on the mileage , 3 yrs ncb 

21 minutes ago, Wack said:

Lancaster , it's on a classic policy 3k a year on the mileage , 3 yrs ncb 

I'm with them too, 5k miles and 9 years ncb apparently. I do have 3 naughty boy points though :( 

1 minute ago, gm said:

I'm with them too, 5k miles and 9 years ncb apparently. I do have 3 naughty boy points though :( 

I do live in an area where the only thing I've ever known to be nicked is my next door neighbours bike and even that was one he'd built out of 3 old bikes 

I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and see what they can do. the Exo is insured by Footman James so I'll try them too. The Civic is due it's renewal too and the Exo needs taxed, it's going to be an expensive month :( 

If the quote is reasonable I tend to stay with them if only because I can't be arsed to answer 100 questions to get another quote 

I have had insurance try and take the piss in the past hoping I won't notice so do check