What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Plumbase have just rang. It's plate day at Newcastle racecourse on the 25th of June and they have a marquee.
I and partner have been invited for a four course meal, free drink all day and night, afternoon tea and Pete Tong on in the tent at night.
Just so happens I'm fifty on the 25th too. Canny birthday treat.

13 hours ago, PhilA said:

https://abc30.com/archive/9335680/

25 limit, people going 50+

Local contractor got upset and built the two humps back to back. No signage.

Result, people go flying

That article is dated 2013. Have those ones in the video been there that long?

In the comments (in one video) it says that there is a 25MPH limit on the road. This is sign posted. About 100 yds from the bumps the posted speed is reduced to 10MPH.  These certainly do not fit in with any of the recommendations which are published from various bodies. Twin speed bumps so close together are not acceptable because of the risks you see. Both to the damaging of the  vehicles and to possible loss control.

10 hours ago, Remspoor said:

That article is dated 2013. Have those ones in the video been there that long?

In the comments (in one video) it says that there is a 25MPH limit on the road. This is sign posted. About 100 yds from the bumps the posted speed is reduced to 10MPH.  These certainly do not fit in with any of the recommendations which are published from various bodies. Twin speed bumps so close together are not acceptable because of the risks you see. Both to the damaging of the  vehicles and to possible loss control.

Nah, if you hit the first one fast enough  you land nicely on the down side of the second :)

Whilst waiting at the lights I noticed that the blue BMW alongside had an incredible dose of BL orange peel paint finish. I was even more surprised when it pulled away and I could see it was a 22 plate. Are they coming out of the factory like that ?

It made me laugh that the driver was obviously ignorant of the passenger side's paintwork or just thought that it was acceptable on a new car.

1 hour ago, DSdriver said:

Whilst waiting at the lights I noticed that the blue BMW alongside had an incredible dose of BL orange peel paint finish. I was even more surprised when it pulled away and I could see it was a 22 plate. Are they coming out of the factory like that ?

It made me laugh that the driver was obviously ignorant of the passenger side's paintwork or just thought that it was acceptable on a new car.

Probably painting them as the drive out the factory they're that late with deliveries :D

Dr's do a blood test

so despite cancer , high blood pressure , poor kidney function , shite hearing ....... and a lump on my ear

what do they pick up on ??

cholesterol ...  its just over the limit , Satins ?

change your diet your quality /length of your life could be better ..

ok , my blood pressure has dropped .. I dont want Satins at the moment

oh so it has has , why ?

I have stopped working , and my diet has changed ...

thats good ..

and your poor kidney result ,

that could be down to me having one kidney ,

ohh ok

how about a retest in  3 months , and can I get my ears sorted ..

yes thats good , and your cholesterol ???

see what the restest says ..

bye the way I am in on Friday for a lump on my ear !!

On 5/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, DSdriver said:

Fairly standard on new cars now. People don't seem to give a fuck about paint finish.

Some Toyotas and Hondas have better paint than German premium brands.

9 hours ago, captain_70s said:

Fairly standard on new cars now. People don't seem to give a fuck about paint finish.

Some Toyotas and Hondas have better paint than German premium brands.

And I recall a bloke I know buying a new spaceship civic 15? years ago and the black paint was absolutely abysmal, it looked like hammerite!

Many a "brand new" car goes out of the dealership without brand new paint work.  My mate used to work for a large Scottish car dealer as a painter and he spent quite a lot of his time fixing paint on cars that weren't even registered yet that had been damaged in transit or in the compound. The customer was none the wiser.

12 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Many a "brand new" car goes out of the dealership without brand new paint work.  My mate used to work for a large Scottish car dealer as a painter and he spent quite a lot of his time fixing paint on cars that weren't even registered yet that had been damaged in transit or in the compound. The customer was none the wiser.

Absolutely right. There was a Vauxhall/Suzuki/Kia dealership at the end of my road. Next door was an independent body shop. You’d often see unregistered cars in their yard.

16 minutes ago, cobblers said:

A few months ago had an Iveco main dealer bring me £11,000 worth of ECUs for repair from a new unregistered truck that someone had jump started the wrong way round 🤐

A stupid thing to do, but why are there no safeguards against what must be a reasonably regular occurrence if it causes so much damage?

Oh yeah, Iveco.

44 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Nothing new. 1990 I worked at a Vauxhall dealer and at the time there was always 1 or 2 brand new cars in the paint shop. I bet for every transporter load, one would get paint.

One I recall was a doom blue Carlton which has been on the lower deck and the chain securing the car above had come free. That was a right mess. It went out on August 1st looking lovely. 

That's why you often see new cars on transporters all sheeted up with protective film.

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

A few months ago had an Iveco main dealer bring me £11,000 worth of ECUs for repair from a new unregistered truck that someone had jump started the wrong way round 🤐

I used to deliver to truck dealers, one of the apprentices was drilling the chassis to fit a fifthwheel , only he hadn't looked behind the chassis rail , he'd drilled through the loom in 6 places, proper fucked it up 

21 hours ago, Timewaster said:

A stupid thing to do, but why are there no safeguards against what must be a reasonably regular occurrence if it causes so much damage?

Oh yeah, Iveco.

Because a $0.02 diode is too expensive.

By the time it's gone through shipping and quality control it costs $370

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

How the actual fuck are herring gulls a protected species?  There's about a trillion of the bastard things just in my street.

same in Wales ,  Pressthatin and Bangher , the buggers just camped out on the top of cars , the caravans and anything else with a roof !!!!