What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Dont try this at home.

Reminds me of  'the lighter game' my housemates and I used to play at our old place. 

Basically, we'd be sat there playing Tiger Woods or Halo on the XBox or something and someone would go to the toilet. 

As you heard them coming downstairs, you'd strategically chuck a lighter on the fire as near to where they were sat and then just casually wait for them to sit down. 

It would take 20 seconds or so for the lighter to explode/fire itself across the room like an Air France Concorde, hopefully towards the intended victim, ruining their aim or swing and handing you the advantage, whilst they tried to put out the flames, assuming it went to plan and didn't hit you, someone else or the cat or something. 

Surprisingly, I dont recall any serious injuries but that might just be due to my bad memory caused by too many head injuries........ possibly by exploding lighters hitting my noggin at high speed, who knows. 

53 minutes ago, 808 Estate said:

Made me laugh when the penis extension Discovery failed. :D

None of it makes me laugh , anyone who stands there filming while they watch them fuck up their car is a cunt for not warning them, what happened to helping people

1 hour ago, Wack said:

None of it makes me laugh , anyone who stands there filming while they watch them fuck up their car is a cunt for not warning them, what happened to helping people

I reckon the sheer volume of people stood there with their cameras out should be sufficient warning for anyone, on top of the clear signage on approach.

The vids of people getting it right are equally entertaining imo

3 minutes ago, fairkens said:

I reckon the sheer volume of people stood there with their cameras out should be sufficient warning for anyone, on top of the clear signage on approach.

The vids of people getting it right are equally entertaining imo

If they can stand there filming they can have a word to tell them it's 18" deep and likely to seize their car up ,but then they wouldn't have a video for social media , most people these days never lift a bonnet , they really have no idea how an engine works.

11 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

It appears to be some kind of spectator sport... Is there a burger van? Is there people on standby waiting to charge people to rescue them? Personally, I wouldn't risk it! 

I'd think drivers would think they're there to record kids getting wet , not watch somebody fuck 20k worth of car up 

3 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

The irony of the standard Land Rover towing the barried one through 😆

There's no denying their stupidity but do they deserve to be financially shafted for what could be years when all it takes is a bit of human kindness to stop it happening 

5 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Reminds me of  'the lighter game' my housemates and I used to play at our old place. 

Basically, we'd be sat there playing Tiger Woods or Halo on the XBox or something and someone would go to the toilet. 

As you heard them coming downstairs, you'd strategically chuck a lighter on the fire as near to where they were sat and then just casually wait for them to sit down. 

It would take 20 seconds or so for the lighter to explode/fire itself across the room like an Air France Concorde, hopefully towards the intended victim, ruining their aim or swing and handing you the advantage, whilst they tried to put out the flames, assuming it went to plan and didn't hit you, someone else or the cat or something. 

Surprisingly, I dont recall any serious injuries but that might just be due to my bad memory caused by too many head injuries........ possibly by exploding lighters hitting my noggin at high speed, who knows. 

We used to spray lighter fluid on each other (mainly on our probably polyester school trousers) then setting light to it. How none of us ended up Kreugered I'll never know. 

That fresh haircut feeling! :D

Decided it was about time I did something with the mop on my head... Having lost contact with my preferred barber after his premises shut down I had reservations of going elsewhere incase they didn't quite get it right.

But I decided to try somewhere new and went to a cracking bloke in the local village who listened to everything I said and it's come out exactly as I had hoped!

That's one issue sorted and another local business that I will regularly use :)

Not particularly exciting, but it's cheered me up this weekend! 

3 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

That fresh haircut feeling! :D

Decided it was about time I did something with the mop on my head... Having lost contact with my preferred barber after his premises shut down I had reservations of going elsewhere incase they didn't quite get it right.

But I decided to try somewhere new and went to a cracking bloke in the local village who listened to everything I said and it's come out exactly as I had hoped!

That's one issue sorted and another local business that I will regularly use :)

Not particularly exciting, but it's cheered me up this weekend! 

Almost a year since I last had a haircut.  Daughter does it, former hairdresser but now a baker.  She's usually pushed for time and lives 40 miles away, don't like to bother her.

Haven't been able to use a normal barber due to the perfumy stuff in there but perhaps my activated charcoal Covid mask will make that a possibility.  Must research that as I have difficulty seeing where I am going when it is breezy.

"nipped" out at 9am to go fetch Eva's coat from @Six-cylinder and go shopping! 

7 hours later and after behing distracted with giving this a clean I finally left to go shopping as per my original plan 😂

20220521_141527.thumb.jpg.f017147225aa5cc37d74d7e96a340e25.jpg

Came up very nice, probably a 7/10 job on my part but equally the mice chewed all the good polisher pads and I really don't want to burn through the non clear coated paint! Could have gone over the bonnet again but equally it's alot better than it was! 

I've never been in one let alone been driven in one so when Chris demanded it go to storage before it gets dirty I broke that cherry and its lovely inside, lots of room in the front! Then we bought a Daimler back and it was even more amazing! 

We enjoyed ourselves so much I'm going back tomorrow with my kit to do some more! The mg above isn't terribly waterproof so the lack of foam cannon was OK today, but we'll want it tomorrow!