What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On Reddit there is some silly bollocks who bought a 2007 Yaris two months ago off FB marketplace, and now the engine has shat itself.

They're very upset because their car insurance company won't fix it, and they have also called the bank (they paid by bank transfer) and they aren't going to do them a refund either.

20 hours ago, hairnet said:

lol at the crickut @STUNO

they get in new gadge for hengland who just happens to be ex kiwi playing staff

LOL that the first game he will be involved in

they play new zealand :D

well it made me larf

@Parky - do you have to yay for nz or get deported? :D

It'll be perfectly in keeping with our current test captain (also a kiwi by birth) and our outgoing white ball captain who is from the quaint old English town of Dublin.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, Stanky said:

They wheel him in for 'credibility' on Ancient Aliens sometimes. A fascinating documentary series that definitely* never* comes to anything other than absolutely logical and indesputible conclusions. Well worth a watch if you want to pass some time. It basically follows this formula:

Question > possible answer > possible evidence > MASSIVE LEAP OF LOGIC > Aliens

Supported by a load of total crackpots who have never ever had sex.

I quite like it.

I presume you've read Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken then?

We had it in the house when I was a kid, strange really as my dad never seemed anything but pragmatic.

6 hours ago, cobblers said:

On Reddit there is some silly bollocks who bought a 2007 Yaris two months ago off FB marketplace, and now the engine has shat itself.

They're very upset because their car insurance company won't fix it, and they have also called the bank (they paid by bank transfer) and they aren't going to do them a refund either.

The sad thing is this is how many people think the world works , its always somebody else's fault 

40 minutes ago, Wack said:

The sad thing is this is how many people think the world works , its always somebody else's fault 

Also they are on benefits and had to save money for ages to buy it and they really need the car to get to their depressed partners auntie's funeral "it will help him grieve*. They had a mechanic friend check the car out before they bought it and he said it seemed OK, now they're wondering if he is liable as well. 

Just a professional victim. 

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

Also they are on benefits and had to save money for ages to buy it and they really need the car to get to their depressed partners auntie's funeral "it will help him grieve*. They had a mechanic friend check the car out before they bought it and he said it seemed OK, now they're wondering if he is liable as well. 

Just a professional victim. 

I'd be suing the Emperor of Japan, me. The bastard.

9 minutes ago, Sheefag said:

I'd be suing the Emperor of Japan, me.

by the sounds of it, they don't even expect to have to sue anyone - they're just quite sure that because "they didn't buy a cheap banger" (it was £700) that someone else is on the hook and happy to cough up to refund them or repair the car.

EDIT: Now they are suggesting the garage that MOTd it in September could have missed something or done a dodgy test.

7 minutes ago, cobblers said:

by the sounds of it, they don't even expect to have to sue anyone - they're just quite sure that because "they didn't buy a cheap banger" (it was £700) that someone else is on the hook and happy to cough up to refund them or repair the car.

EDIT: Now they are suggesting the garage that MOTd it in September could have missed something or done a dodgy test.

FFS

13 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Surely Mark Zuckerberg  bears ultimate responsibility for this mess and should be getting his hand in his pocket?

I wouldn't be letting that Naruhito off the hook, mind.

In similar vein to the above Yaris..

This individual has bought a VW Polo, with accident damage for £420. Apparently its got "hidden faults" in the way of multiple warning lights (probably typical VAG low voltage) so they feel like they've been scammed!

And it gets better.... The next video they have taken a picture of the N/S/F suspension with surface corrosion, and because of this they seem to thinking its shocking and a death trap!

And the best bit? It ("shouldn't have") passed its MOT....

image.thumb.png.0d90059ad573fcbe55492ebd6d56d3f8.png

11 fucking months ago!

4 minutes ago, cobblers said:

39392438_2022-05-1218_39_32.thumb.jpg.2cb40388c29747772a8aafbf1adc1ee7.jpg

I saw this polish luton van parked up and the name of the roof sleeping thing amused me so I walked up and very obviously took a picture before I noticed a very angry man in the drivers seat gesticulating at me. 

Sounds like horse shite to me!

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

Must be worth £15 a ticket to help the poor feckers out. Can you still nominate people for a Readers Digest subscription? 

Is it this one? 

2130124260_Screenshot_20220514-004117_BaconReaderPremium.thumb.jpg.1fd0f315de7beb2e9f6438b8c0067af1.jpg

In all fairness, they just sound clueless with cars if I've got the right thread. They're  thinking isn't wrong, if I break my camera or fridge I can claim on the house insurance. Why not a car? Fair point really. 

They seem quite accepting of the situation TBH, life experience etc but when £1,700 is a lot of money you are always on a knife edge especially if you don't understand the risks. 

Obviously they could be full of bollocks but I think they're genuinely not up to speed with the outside world.