What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Snake Charmer said:

👍 Can you imagine going out for a loaf and getting in the wrong queue only to find yourself elected? :dog:

Sounds like a TV show. Some sort of slogan/tagline "went for a loaf of Hovis and came back as the Prime Minister"... 

39 minutes ago, Wack said:

Not sure this is a great idea , 400kg a shelf though so only 1200kg to fuck your car when it collapses

Screenshot_20220507-060914_Facebook.thumb.jpg.c8dcb4fa0b8f1be27ad428d64801f51f.jpg

It's a great idea if done properly and respected. I have one done with proper racking though.

Needs to be wider and only two shelves. I normally keep tool carts underneath but it's set for the height of a car bonnet if need be.

Also put a beam at the rear lower down for support and one at the front above the lower shelf to act like a barrier to stop boxes falling off.

4 hours ago, Wack said:

Not sure this is a great idea , 400kg a shelf though so only 1200kg to fuck your car when it collapses

Screenshot_20220507-060914_Facebook.thumb.jpg.c8dcb4fa0b8f1be27ad428d64801f51f.jpg

Nowhere near 400kg on those shelves, nearer 40 if that. 1200 kg on those shelves? How are you going to do that ?Unless you’re storing gold bars. That’s a whole car ffs. But agree, stupid having the car under it, something will fall of and dent the bonnet.

20 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Sounds like a TV show. Some sort of slogan/tagline "went for a loaf of Hovis and came back as the Prime Minister"... 

I can’t help thinking that it could well be a better selection tool. Douglas Adams was right - those seeking election should automatically be disbarred.

4 hours ago, High Jetter said:

The long gone days of mobile numbers beginning '04'.

As for 'Back o' Hill Ind. Est' surely that depends on which direction you approach the hill from?

Aye true. The cards went up the loft in '01 along with some other miscellaneous shite, but nothing really automotive to share in this thread at least.

4 hours ago, High Jetter said:

The long gone days of mobile numbers beginning '04'.

As for 'Back o' Hill Ind. Est' surely that depends on which direction you approach the hill from?

I had a mobile in 1990 on cellnet , it started with 0860 , I don't remember 04. I thought 1988-90 was the start of mobiles.

I do remember the phone ringing in the services cafe  once and everybody looking at me when I answered it .

It was that embarrassing I can even remember where it was , Corley northbound