What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Got my £150 council tax rebate/forced loan from sunak in today. Added £150 to it and made a £300 manual payment on the council tax to try and have a lower monthly payment for the rest of the year. 

I'll give it a week for the lady with the abacus to catch up, the normal monthly payment will go out on Sunday too. 

For about four years now, the odd nut shell would appear on the floor of the Sierra. It’s a weird phenomenon but I guessed that something must have stuck one or two in the bulkhead years ago. 

I was cleaning the car earlier ahead of the Ipswich - Felixstowe vintage vehicle run this weekend and decided to remove the piece of carpet behind the glovebox. C2799B88-F1C0-4F42-9B97-CEB198CD7054.thumb.jpeg.52d70f3e28c31ee81a2245154eee5eaf.jpeg

This was about half of them! 

I’ve never once seen a squirrel here but they’re common the other side of the village near the garage I rented a few winters ago. 

Moral of the story? Don’t put your old heap away for winter. Keep the wheels turning and the wildlife can’t make a home! 😳🤣

36 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

For about four years now, the odd nut shell would appear on the floor of the Sierra. It’s a weird phenomenon but I guessed that something must have stuck one or two in the bulkhead years ago. 

I was cleaning the car earlier ahead of the Ipswich - Felixstowe vintage vehicle run this weekend and decided to remove the piece of carpet behind the glovebox. C2799B88-F1C0-4F42-9B97-CEB198CD7054.thumb.jpeg.52d70f3e28c31ee81a2245154eee5eaf.jpeg

This was about half of them! 

I’ve never once seen a squirrel here but they’re common the other side of the village near the garage I rented a few winters ago. 

Moral of the story? Don’t put your old heap away for winter. Keep the wheels turning and the wildlife can’t make a home! 😳🤣

Inside the car will be mice. 

had a bad week, absolutely knackered today I shut up work a few hours early and sent everyone home for an early bank holiday and buggered off for some peace in the van.

The usual place I go had a few people on so I gave it a miss, next stop was still shut up for winter so I popped in to the farm here on the off chance, and lucked out, he's got the cows in another field so I have 200+ acres to myself 

1337743686_2022-04-2918_08_37.thumb.jpg.1878f36a91da23e2a74d9e8b95bd109d.jpg

He still wouldn't take any more than a fiver off me. 

I'd give anything to live here, even in the van. 

so boris didnt hide his money right and they found out

surely if you have the talent to earn that kinda money and being a flash cnut doesnt help

surely you can hire someone or learn how to hide it properly? if mps can do it surely he would be able to :D

serves him right cos wasnt sorry or show any regret

Seen a few nice cars around the roads of Norfolk over the bank holiday - I was overtaken by an early '50s Lincoln whilst cycling into Norwich yesterday, and when I was at Tesco filling up the Rover a '69 Mustang rumbled in.  There was also the middle-aged bloke in a tidy red ADO16 who passed me in Norwich.  Spot of the long weekend though has to be the two identical silver Ssangyong Tivolis with identical roof boxes following each other down the A47.  Extraordinary.

More things on the Lanchester working.  Both switches for the dashboard lights work properly.  As dim as it is, the light output on the instrument binnacle is hugely improved too after repainting the innards, so that was definitely worth doing. Ignition light (red, top right, usually) isn't coming on now though so that's something to investigate, probably dynamo related.

Not sure if this is a grump or a grin but here'll do.

Have you been scammed by an ambulance chasing claims solicitor taking too much money from your claim?

Screenshot_2022-05-04-15-17-20-688_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.31160fe59ba88e4705894ae9c95cebf9.jpg

Claim back your claim with Claim Your Claim UK! Our solicitors will solicit your last solicitors into next week. Claim today, no win no fee!