What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, Joey spud said:

FB_IMG_1650802139902.thumb.jpg.6a6c58f1b0176f46545d8823557a5ac1.jpgIMG20220423111548.thumb.jpg.6b701da5ca552401ae13e0817954f830.jpg

Anyone remember those Big Rig games at the Fun Fair or Amusement Arcades back in the 90's where you had a steering wheel and controls and you had to hitch up and take you load around course before unhitching again ?

My son has just aquired this old one and is going to uprate it with a modern motor and controller to use as a drink and food delivery wagon at a R.C track he helps run.

R.C drifting and banger racing seems to be a really big thing with the yoof at the moment.

I remember those, and boats too. Ā Back when I was 5 it seemed obvious that all they needed to work was 10 pence, but actually how did the battery manage to last all day?

I've just been to look at a pennine fiesta folding camper but he's left it for too long ,gone mouldy and has holes , needs a new canvas so I walked away.

I wondered how much a canvas was , first thing I saw on the website was thisĀ 

1044677450_Screenshot_20220424-160401_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.95fb0ec4b4e609c4b7067d3be3b5488c.jpg

how do they get that to Ā£17,495 :D

The one I looked at was 20 years old but apart from looking tired it doesn't look much differentĀ 

For the first time in our ownership all three running lights now work on the Lanchester.Ā  I'm delighted!Ā  Bumper will be going back on when I've straightened the bent bits.Ā  Brake lights aren't coming on with the pedal, this could just be things being out of adjustment, a bad switch, dirty contacts, or a combination of all three.Ā  It's a big step in the right direction all the same, feel like I'm closing in on having the whole thing operational now.

Ā 

12 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

20220425_073000.thumb.jpg.2d53eff479b5b5fac0b590e4776994dd.jpg

My mum had a similar experience after her dad died when she was a kid. They were all having their tea about a week after he died, when he suddenly walked in the room, cue lots of hysteria.Ā 

Turns out it was just his brother, who was the absolute spit of him popping in to see if they were alright.Ā 

They were before he came round but not for a few hours afterwards. šŸ˜‚

Further to yesterdays report in the grump thread about me transferringĀ Ā shardsĀ of steel into my eye via an angle grinder

This morning I attended Urgent care centre at Rochdale Infirmary.

Filled in my alcohol dependencyĀ  form all 2's and 0's I still have it. No one asked for it back. I've still got the Ikea type pencil too.

Dr fished 1 bit of steel out with a Q tip. Anther bit is still stuck in, have to go on the Ward to have the needle. Can you come back at 6pm?

Back atĀ 6pm on the Ward.Ā  Ā Dr fished the other bit out with a Q tip. No needle required.Ā šŸ˜€

Very good at some things the NHS.

There may or may not be a Car Park grump to follow. Depending if I get a letter.

26 minutes ago, Mally said:

Further to yesterdays report in the grump thread about me transferringĀ Ā shardsĀ of steel into my eye via an angle grinder

This morning I attended Urgent care centre at Rochdale Infirmary.

You're in my Ambulance patch Mally, I didn't know.Ā 

They're a decent bunch in the Infirmary, couple of paramedic colleagues work there now, people forget it's not an A&E anymore (that's another story..)and rock up either themselves being very unwell or with unwell children. They manage the situation rather well until we show up. It's a shame it's not a "proper" hospital these days.Ā 

Glad your eye is fixed up and you didn't end up in Manchester eye hospital. I'd a similar tale from a few years back, got no end of bollocking from the aul lad for not wearing safety squints. Lesson learnt now...Ā 

1 hour ago, Spurious said:

You're in my Ambulance patch Mally, I didn't know.Ā 

They're a decent bunch in the Infirmary, couple of paramedic colleagues work there now, people forget it's not an A&E anymore (that's another story..)and rock up either themselves being very unwell or with unwell children. They manage the situation rather well until we show up. It's a shame it's not a "proper" hospital these days.Ā 

Glad your eye is fixed up and you didn't end up in Manchester eye hospital. I'd a similar tale from a few years back, got no end of bollocking from the aul lad for not wearing safety squints. Lesson learnt now...Ā 

Yes Fairfield and Oldham now if you are really ill.

I wear all the gear, don't know how it happenend, but I'veĀ  used an angle grinder regularly for the last 56 years.

This was only my third visit so on average it's not bad.

8 hours ago, cobblers said:

I've got metal in my eye three times in my 20 year angle grinder career, and it's been dug out with needles each time. I was wearing goggles every time it happened!

Ā 

Only once myself which was more than enough. Then again, it was nothing compared with the bloke who had preceded me according to the doctor. That person had been using a nail gun and a nail had ricocheted into his eye. Nice!

I've never got metal in my eye whilst grinding:

FB_IMG_1650951986491.jpg.3ca08faf38039fbc7c1ed9193123fc1e.jpg

Many thanks to the British Army when having to return my kit, for believing me when I said I lost it.

One thing I'd advise though, is check the rim for spiders. I didn't once and even a small spider looks quite big when it scurries across the lens millimetres from your eye. Could've easily lost a couple of fingers due to that one.Ā 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:15 AM, MikeR said:

just been checking my pensions .. :-)

after spewing my job at easter as I had a basinfull of it ,Ā  and the setup I left behind was going tits up thanks to the management .

this was more of a jump than a contolled exit thanks to the stress/shite that went on . 1 staff left behind out of a team of 3 and no takers on the recruitment , but the work load is going up ..... thankfully I am out of it and I feel a lot better , I cant believe how my body feels , stress plays funny games . just a body scan to go now .

despite a bit of a worrying wobble over the future I decided to get my arse into gear and do some checking Ā  ... better late than never ( after jumping ! )

govtĀ  , up to date , 40 odd years of qualifying , cannot be improved .....Ā  claim it in 2019Ā  .

privateĀ  . was avb at 55 , I gave extra time to itĀ  , just need to tick box on quote , and put feet up .

look for workĀ Ā  .hhhhmmmmmmĀ Ā  , perhaps , if only to get out of the house ..and earn beer money !

I am going to save 800 notes next week by being availible to do some painting instead of working and paying someone else to do itĀ  .

OAP pass already in use ..Ā  car sat on drive .. sun is shining

Sneaky governmentĀ  don't tell you when you have made max contributions and just let you carry on paying.

It's usually a sea of utterly dull sub 2 year old moderns in the directors parking spaces at the office, all rented of course.Ā 

Which is why walking out a while ago seeing this seems like such a big deal šŸ˜‚ (bar the hr directors suzuki next to it, she's had that years)Ā 

20220426_110459.thumb.jpg.f9d014ae79f2d654df4b06e06e587daa.jpg

The front bumper is totally fucked so it's not a well cared for car, but for once I'm not the oldest car in the car park.Ā