What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

There was a thread a short time ago about looking up reg numbers so I thought I would have a play and put in the personal plate I used to have in the 80s. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is on an ageing Saab so the current owner must have the same outlook on life as me.

On 09/04/2022 at 20:05, myglaren said:

“Lithuania has imposed an inexpensive sanction on Russia by deploying the very effective, but not-so-deadly weapon of humour.

The street in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, where the Russian embassy is located, was renamed "Street of Ukrainian Heroes", forcing the embassy to change its postal address and thus pay tribute to Ukraine with every letter and card.”

main-qimg-fea687b6933a2e7f6ab4272b08dbfd63-lq.jpeg

Scotland did a similar thing during apartheid , renaming the street where the South African consulate was in Glasgow as Nelson Mandela Place.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:23 AM, Metal Guru said:

I want to see when he gets punched.

He did years ago, he got clothes lined then taken down hard by a member of the public when he was being chased by a Security Guard in a shopping centre, 

The weather was clear, I had free time, and managed to finish rebuilding the inner arch on the Maestro at last.  It's not the prettiest job and the grinder and seam sealer hide the ugliest of my welding sins.  However, it's no longer rust and filler so that's a good thing.  Have to say the RTech welder I bought was very much worth the money, it just welded whatever I pointed the gun at once I had it set up and took so much frustration out of the job.

IMAG6284.thumb.jpg.0bc2a64ca3a2c365190d1e7d6f49cb24.jpg

1 hour ago, 808 Estate said:

Thanks, had forgotten to check on that today. I can't wait to hear what happens if (when?) the winner doesn't turn up/tries to barter on the price/offers 1.5 curlywurlies and a broken Xbox.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, Joey spud said:

From an EV group I frequent.

Junking the Rotary and fitting an electric motor has to be the best idea ever on an unreliable,thirsty Mazda RX8 and for bonus cool points the lads doing it at the side of the road .

FB_IMG_1649355071824.thumb.jpg.f05d379a35844c8a11b1370adb058bad.jpg

FB_IMG_1649355064337.thumb.jpg.c43c99f2b5c7ef248c5981400b97430c.jpg

Have you got a link for the group please?

On 04/09/2014 at 00:29, Tayne said:

Old post, arise!

I wrote that, it is one of the most-read features on the website. I was looking for it the other day and am happy to see it mentioned on here. 

Come and 'ave a look at what you could've won...

An unexpected day off, pottering around in the garage... I know I'll have another tickle of the aged lister SR1... 

I also found my flat cap (bought for me when I still had the "Grannie's shopping trolley" Ax Vts) , for the full Dibnah effect... IMG_20220412_174931.thumb.jpg.d4d54e77d9d7f1d1642824e401ea45e2.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, High Jetter said:

Aside from the extra apostrophe, there's a couple of people on here I could imagine saying the third sentence!

“[Jane] Austen’s unpublished manuscripts unpick her reputation for perfection in various ways… She broke most of the rules for writing good English.”

– Professor Kathryn Sutherland, Oxford University

https://www.wheatleys.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/grammar-nazis-1024x597.png