What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

This evening’s edition of the Chase ( repeat I think).

Contestants , 3 very large people , shoulder to shoulder in the box, ( though nowhere near as fat as a couple of the chasers), plus one fairly slim guy.

When asked what they’d spend any potential winnings on, one person said they’d hire a personal trainer. No prizes for guessing which one.

Granny's Rav-4 was sold today. Feller came from IoW, looked at the car, started it, nodded, filled out the V5 and handed over the cash. Literally took 10 minutes. Father still can't believe how painless it was, especially when we discovered this😅

wasn't phased one bit. Says he'll use it for 'towing'.

28 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Nice early vax 121 (angular hose end) there too 👌

It's serving us very well. We had to rebuild the motor a few years ago when the commutator flew apart while running but that's all the trouble it's ever given us.

“Lithuania has imposed an inexpensive sanction on Russia by deploying the very effective, but not-so-deadly weapon of humour.

The street in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, where the Russian embassy is located, was renamed "Street of Ukrainian Heroes", forcing the embassy to change its postal address and thus pay tribute to Ukraine with every letter and card.”

main-qimg-fea687b6933a2e7f6ab4272b08dbfd63-lq.jpeg

2 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Found this up in my Gran's loft... just need to buy a car to put it in. 

20220409_145743.thumb.jpg.e32925c85433376c9b15c0e81944e67e.jpg

I hope you get used to frequently turning the tuning knob while on long journeys. The Panasonic in the BX was a pain in the arse, especially as the frequency indicator got stuck so retuning was a lucky dip.

I work away and this is my last shift abroad before the baby comes. On my trip to the airport, 2 hours,  my two older and wiser mates insisted on coming with me to reminisce about their own children being born, generally offer advice and just hang out one last time before life takes a big turn. 

Not just a grin but a slightly damp eye at their wonderful friendship.