What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

OMG shite battle against Pete-M on GT5 last night. Turbo Fiat 500F versus Spitfire 1500 on Grand Valley!

Lounge is called 'Autoshizen' if you want to find us tonight. Bring your cavalcade of crap. Might possibly change the circuit as well - I'm partial to Madrid, Autumn Ring Mini and Suzuka. Tsukuba is the tits as well.

Let me know if anyone fancies it.

I am, however, appaulled at the fact that you didn't use the Volvo 240 for this shite race, its there for a reason :wink

As soon as Jon logged off last night I went looking for a 240 Estate. I'll try again tonight :) Just got to wait for the "Beige paint item" now.

OMG shite battle against Pete-M on GT5 last night. Turbo Fiat 500F versus Spitfire 1500 on Grand Valley!

Lounge is called 'Autoshizen' if you want to find us tonight. Bring your cavalcade of crap. Might possibly change the circuit as well - I'm partial to Madrid, Autumn Ring Mini and Suzuka. Tsukuba is the tits as well.

Let me know if anyone fancies it.

I'm up for this!

That print looks amazing, nice one! From the dimensions you mentioned on Flickr it is rather large too...

Hmmm, regarding the GT5 Autoshite challenge, I may be up for this. I have LOADS of cars in my garage, I used to go and build my credits up just to go and buy the used cars, I will connect my PS3 up to the WIFI and see what I can do.

I grew some bedding plants from seeds and after much waiting my Sweet Peas are finally starting to flower. Not much I know but the damn things have grown like wildfire and up until the last day or so there was no sign of them blooming.

I've spent a fair bit of time in the back yard again this year and everything is starting to come out now and add a nice splash of colour. Oh, and the tomatoes and lettuce I grew from seed (present from the missus) are coming along nicely now, much to the happiness of my daughter's rabbit.

Two things made me smile on the way home:

1) Seeing the Angry Dicky Maestro and Oxford heading up the A140 in Norfolk.

2) Picking up the Camry V6 with a fresh MoT, the brake calipers cleaned-up fine it would seem and they chucked new pads in, and the exhaust I bought fitted fine. Start using that next week 8)

If my internet connection stays on, I shall fire up my PS3/GT5 tonight.

Have just seen an advert in Mojo, for a special edition MINI called the 'Hampton' :shock::shock:

Somebody at BMW has no idea about rhyming slang....

Can imagine it now. "Would anyone like to see my mini hampton" :lol::lol::lol:

Missus dragged me out to a bingo hall (insert your own jokes here) and I've just won almost enough to tax a certain Cavalier for six months.

Getting the settings correct on the welder, and striking an arc successfully and having the weld progress as it should, rather than in fits and starts and with regular changers of nozzle and having the wire back-up in the feed area from the resulting jam. This is especially grin-worthy as I've been welding an aluminium inlet manifold for the Imp, which means that I should be able to change to a Strommie/SU in the near future.

Two things made me smile on the way home:

1) Seeing the Angry Dicky Maestro and Cambridge heading up the A140 in Norfolk.

Hi SL,

Sorry to say I didn't see you, I was driving the A55 but I did spot a late model Camry estate in the same colour as yours with a local HAH reg near Stalham. I did wonder if you were around!

Richard.

We took our 16 month old niece out to the Donkey sanctuary today , It was great to have day off from fixing stuff , After battling with the stupid childs seat things went great , Our 86 Beemers a joy to drive , Lilly our niece had a great time , didnt cry once , throw food everywhere and loves donkeys , and its free to get in .

Not being a father myself it was a pleasant change for me .

Recommend this place if you have sproglets

O/H is watching 'Terry and June' which she taped earlier. Terry has just got something out of the boot of his Princess...

O/H: "That's a small boot for such a big car..."

I had to explain the whole BL PHAIL/Princess/Ambassador thing...

I did spot a late model Camry estate in the same colour as yours with a local HAH reg near Stalham. I did wonder if you were around!

There's a couple of Camry estates round here (I live in Stalham) - one's on a K and one's on a P. One is silver and the other is pale blue, but I forget which is which...

Hi SL,

Sorry to say I didn't see you, I was driving the A55 but I did spot a late model Camry estate in the same colour as yours with a local HAH reg near Stalham. I did wonder if you were around!

Richard.

Sorry about the Oxford/Cambridge confusion! I did question it as I wrote it...

It was only when I was alongside the Cambridge I clicked it would be you, initially I hadn't noticed it as I was so amazed to see the Maestro.

You were just approaching that new roundabout a few miles south of Long Stratton, I was heading the opposite way in the Camry Sport stealth-mobile (if nobody notices it then it's doing its job).

The estate you saw doesn't ring a bell with me, I'll keep my eyes open if ever I go up that way! Wuv's, it's likely that the older one will be silver and the P-reg pale blue.

There's a couple of Camry estates round here (I live in Stalham) - one's on a K and one's on a P. One is silver and the other is pale blue, but I forget which is which...

I think it was a silver one on a P. That's a coincidence you living in Stalham, we have a boat moored just behind the Museum of the Broads, so very close indeed. There's an early Metro rotting away in a front garden just past Richardsons.

Sorry about the Oxford/Cambridge confusion! I did question it as I wrote it...

It was only when I was alongside the Cambridge I clicked it would be you, initially I hadn't noticed it as I was so amazed to see the Maestro.

You were just approaching that new roundabout a few miles south of Long Stratton, I was heading the opposite way in the Camry Sport stealth-mobile (if nobody notices it then it's doing its job).

The estate you saw doesn't ring a bell with me, I'll keep my eyes open if ever I go up that way! Wuv's, it's likely that the older one will be silver and the P-reg pale blue.

Ah that would explain it, if you'd been in the Laurel I would have recognised you straightaway! We had intended to be in Norfolk for a week but due to an emergency we had to come rushing back this morning. I did spot another Maestro actually, an ex British Gas C reg van parked on a verge just outside a petrol station which I think was on the A47? the main road somewhere near Potter Heigham, but they are a pretty rare sight now.