What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Wait. She fled Britain when shed was 13, when she allegedly made some one a sex slave. Okay.  Some mistake ? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manacled_Mormon_case

I think the former Miss Wyoming may have knocked a few years off her age. Born 1949, unless she lied to Wikipedia too.

I remember the sex in chains thing as it happened just round the corner from our house. I was a teenage lad and it rather captured my imagination.

About an preening over-indulged peacock behaving like a yob who's enjoyed too much booze at the pub windmilling into someone? Not really, but it's a crime to hit people whereas telling a shit joke isn't. Yet.

45 minutes ago, New POD said:

Will Smith, who gives a shit? Really, a pathetic little actor's slap. Does anyone really really care? 

Got a very excited colleague in the office this morning... £8.50 he paid all in.

https://www.revcomps.com/winners-data/kevin-hodgson-2015-ford-transit-custom-ms-rt-crew-van-1000/

He's been wanting a new VW transporter caravan thing for years, and was wondering how he would save up and afford it, turns out the plan is now to drive this for a while then part-ex it when the time comes

just heard on the news that theyre saying fuel price hasnt come down after the 5p thing

only if youre not a supermarket

diesel is stilll 1.75 plus but lots of places from havant to shropshire are less than 1.60 - juiced up in mid shrops yesterday and 1.58 - was 1.61 in hampshire on sunday

RAC say - according to bbc

theyve not been out or do all their vehicles run on fresh air :D

edmund king and that other eejit have always been divs

2 minutes ago, hairnet said:

just heard on the news that theyre saying fuel price hasnt come down after the 5p thing

only if youre not a supermarket

diesel is stilll 1.75 plus but lots of places from havant to shropshire are less than 1.60 - juiced up in mid shrops yesterday and 1.58 - was 1.61 in hampshire on sunday

RAC say - according to bbc

theyve not been out or do all their vehicles run on fresh air :D

edmund king and that other eejit have always been divs

There's no rhyme or reason for the prices. I put 20l/£36 in at my local esso Sat morning for the FoD. Then got to Whitchurch with it's small little independant station and it was 10p/l cheaper than the esso. Was almost cross but then decided it wasnt worth caring about

My Faceache memories from 10 years ago (2012) is me queuing up for the shortages at the time in my Puma. Remember a few of us in the office went out and queued at the Marlow BP, took hours and I bet the fuel was a shit load cheaper then too

On 3/24/2022 at 7:12 AM, barefoot said:

The bloke across the road should be on here. He will have a go at anything... Last Thursday he discovered a water leak in his kitchen, turned off the water & set about finding the underground pipe. Not a fucking clue does he have, his garden has trenches all over it, as if Time Team have paid him a visit. And a week on, he still has no water.

Update, I spoke to him this morning. After moving his shed from one side of the garden to the other, he managed to find the offending pipe, but the actual leak is underneath his kitchen floor. Hs insurance have been out & had a look and have gone back to their office to have a bit of a think. Apart from turning it on for ten minutes at the weekend to fill the bath... He still has no water! He's going to be fucking cold the next couple of days with no central heating.

3 hours ago, DSdriver said:

What is the "Bad-Worse-Off" slider thing for?

The heater controls.  Should read "Car-Screen-Off"  but Mini heaters are rubbish.

It was a customers car. Although not needed on this one many, many folk used a clothes peg to hold the choke out. This one , like the controls, was blinged up.

10 minutes ago, meggersdog said:

The heater controls.  Should read "Car-Screen-Off"  but Mini heaters are rubbish.

It was a customers car. Although not needed on this one many, many folk used a clothes peg to hold the choke out. This one , like the controls, was blinged up.

And the peg also acts as a visual reminder to push the choke back in, most of us have got out of the habit with modern cars. I say modern, even my 1973 DS has EFI controlled by a big panel of transistors under the carpet of the passenger foot well.

1 hour ago, DSdriver said:

And the peg also acts as a visual reminder to push the choke back in, most of us have got out of the habit with modern cars. I say modern, even my 1973 DS has EFI controlled by a big panel of transistors under the carpet of the passenger foot well.

Phascinating phact: the first 1/4 inch of movement only raises the tick over(a lot), which is why when you start a Mini on full choke the bastard is revving it's nuts off.Not always ideal on a cold engine!.

4 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Just discovered that Talking Pictures TV are re-running the excellent Public Eye series again (10pm on Tuesdays). Looks like we're back to 1969 with tonight's episode, so quite early on.

I can't get that channel on my skybox for some unknown reason, it's bloody free as well 

BBC’s self-congratulatory bits between the programmes, featuring people who by and large have made a fortune out of the licence fee.

Worst  bit is, it’s only there because nearly all programmes these days are made to fit the normal commercial 3 minute ad breaks, so the BBC might as well have ads.

Instead they have these little bits telling you how great they are. THIS is effectively  what you are getting for your £159.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:12 AM, beko1987 said:

There's no rhyme or reason for the prices. I put 20l/£36 in at my local esso Sat morning for the FoD. Then got to Whitchurch with it's small little independant station and it was 10p/l cheaper than the esso. Was almost cross but then decided it wasnt worth caring about

I was mildly miffed when I filled up at Tesco on the way to the FOD and paid 169.9, then got to Wroxham and the Jet garage was 165.9.  Drove past there again today and it's gone up to 178.9.  WTAF?  To be fair that garage has always been a bit* odd - I'm not sure which bodily orifice he pulls his prices out of but it's certainly not one I possess.

On the plus side I then topped the tank up at Morrisons in Milton Keynes on the way home at a bargainous* 164.7.

480 went in for MOT today with zero prep. I had it done a few months early as our baby is due just before expiry. Crossed fingers I wouldn’t have to add more jobs to my expanding list of jobs and the wonderful old thing passed! Usually they need handbrake adjustment every year.

45BC8C47-3E3E-41F9-A4F2-0C1648181683.thumb.jpeg.b6c67b99006ee8ae64ad495a84d1dab4.jpeg

C6 tomorrow… I ‘m pretty confident in that doing the same.