What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Saved myself £100 after I increased the yearly miles from 12000 to 22000, and told them, after they tried to increase my renewal by £100, that I'd had quotes 110 quid less already. So £200. 

Vice Grip Garage has now posted one of the best videos on Youtube which is about a 1928 Ford model A. Will not give too many spoilers but this car is poorly maintained and the engine is worn out and he will try to drive it over 700 miles home. The result does not surprise me as these are very hardy cars and Norway had many of these still in daily use well into the 1960s. I now want even more to own a model A.

1 hour ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Vice Grip Garage has now posted one of the best videos on Youtube which is about a 1928 Ford model A. Will not give too many spoilers but this car is poorly maintained and the engine is worn out and he will try to drive it over 700 miles home. The result does not surprise me as these are very hardy cars and Norway had many of these still in daily use well into the 1960s. I now want even more to own a model A.

Was s great episode, Indeed. Derek is the person I enjoy watching most on you tube. Closely followed by Robert on aging wheels, but his are few and far between lately. 

Went and did the weekly shop yesterday evening after swimming club as per usual. We get a trolley full each week at Lidl.

As I got to the till, a chap in his 20s comes up behind us with a few bits and bobs in his hands so I wave him in front, since I'll be ages and I'm not in a rush anyway. He thanked me and went through

I was busy unpacking the trolley stuff onto the till belt and didn't notice that he'd grabbed the pack of San Miguel I'd put near the front and paid for it himself to say thanks for letting him jump in front of me! I didn't realise until he had paid and left, and the checkout lady passed the beers over and told me the guy in front had already paid for them to say thanks.

What an absolutely lovely thing to do, I was perfectly happy with a thank you! 

5 hours ago, Stanky said:

Went and did the weekly shop yesterday evening after swimming club as per usual. We get a trolley full each week at Lidl.

As I got to the till, a chap in his 20s comes up behind us with a few bits and bobs in his hands so I wave him in front, since I'll be ages and I'm not in a rush anyway. He thanked me and went through

I was busy unpacking the trolley stuff onto the till belt and didn't notice that he'd grabbed the pack of San Miguel I'd put near the front and paid for it himself to say thanks for letting him jump in front of me! I didn't realise until he had paid and left, and the checkout lady passed the beers over and told me the guy in front had already paid for them to say thanks.

That's lovely, letting people with a few bits go in front is almost law round these parts ! 

5 hours ago, Stanky said:

Ha, whereas I was in aldi earlier on my way back from the FoD and let the bloke behind me go infront as he fucking stunk and I wanted him to fro quickly! 

He also farted, which caused the woman on the next till to swear at him. Typical Aylesbury 😂

57 minutes ago, New POD said:

There's no way it would pass an MOT or indeed need to pass an mot. 

Still needs to be roadworthy unless it's a car park ornament 

I saw the rattiest herald I'd ever clapped eyes on at a car show , it looked ready to snap in half , they guy had bought it , got it running and started driving it , doesn't need MOT when I asked about it.