What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Local college does hair training of which a mate of mine teaches a wee bit.

Anyway they offer haircuts* for £3, if any of you know me I'm not bothered what my face & head look like so thought I'd help out and donate my bonce.

Well £3 turned into £1 and I left with a wonky hair-do. The grin ? The look on everyones face when I said 'yeah do what you want'

Poor lass was sweating in fear 😅

I like a Dutch TV programme called Spoorloos. It is about person wanting to trace their natural parents. Sometimes these person are adopted, other times they do not know who one of their parents are (usually dad). Usually the person featured live in The Netherlands.

The last programme was partly about a Colombian woman who had been adopted at the age of two. The investigations managed to trace the mother of the woman. They shot the video of the woman's first visit to her natural mother. It was in an illegal settlement outside a large city.

What made be smile? The fleeting glims glimpse of a car (blue with a white roof)in the closing shots of this video.  The first few scenes are shown to give you some idea of the terrible living conditions of this settlement. There is no sound.

5 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:
5 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Get an AC Electric Invac.......

technically I already do! or whats left of one! LOL

that trailer I own was at one point in time an AC Model 64, 72V electric invalid tricycle 

(in fact the main part of it that survives and forms the base of the trailer is what used to be the battery tray and rear half of the chassis :) )

well thats my retirement plan sorted* :mrgreen:

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/auctions/aces-high-the-unregistered-ac-without-a-chassis-that-made-200k-at-auction/

(id post it in the "just fucking scrap it" thread but most of it has already been scrapped LOL)

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

well thats my retirement plan sorted* :mrgreen:

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/auctions/aces-high-the-unregistered-ac-without-a-chassis-that-made-200k-at-auction/

(id post it in the "just fucking scrap it" thread but most of it has already been scrapped LOL)

Why is it worth that for that pile of shite? 

The bloke across the road should be on here. He will have a go at anything... Last Thursday he discovered a water leak in his kitchen, turned off the water & set about finding the underground pipe. Not a fucking clue does he have, his garden has trenches all over it, as if Time Team have paid him a visit. And a week on, he still has no water.

26 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Living, as we do, in a terrace flat.... Street parking is the norm, however 'neighbourly courtesy' applies = a cars gap usually for me to SKWEEZZE into. Quite adept at the reverse slalom (2foot either end).....

🙂

The gap looks massive.  An Omega could fit. 

vintage voltage

not a huge fan but they didnt say on descrip what the car was turned over when going for something else and

GORDON KEEBLE!!!!!!!!1111111!!one!!!!!11111111 #1 all time favourite classic car

one hand sad for no v8 but interesting to see how it all fits