What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Was filling up at a Morrison’s near Hull earlier when a Tesla pulled onto the forecourt and parked next to the fuel pumps next to me and the guy jumped out went inside and did some shopping- someone had already written “twat” in the dirt on the boot lid 😂

The 50 (ish) note desktop pc nears completion .

Win 10 Base unit from Amazon 47 notes and inluded a WiFi dongle .

Walked to the village and picked up 19 " LCD screen and keyboard for 4 quid from the charity shop 

Now add mouse and leads from stock in garage ...

Man maths ,that's 50 spondolies !

Put new seats in the Elgrand the other day. Was just setting off to go to football with Imp Jr and turned on the engine whilst he got himself sorted. 

"Are you ready?" 

"Not yet" 

"Come on, we'll be late"

"I can't get the seat belt in" 

"Come on, have you not done it yet" 

"I can't find it!" 

"Can't find what" 

"The bit to put the seatbelt into" 

"Oh yeah....." 

20220311_190115.thumb.jpg.72e990395ba3de077e5d71ab7caa42d7.jpg

There's just a hole there. 

11 hours ago, Wack said:

Look at all those lovely cars , all different shapes and colours , shoot the same today , they'd all be grey or black and the same shape.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLf9tjUD/?k=1

Love it. I think it must be 85 or 86. Nothing newer than a B reg to be seen.

That means the Marina taxi on an L reg is still working at 12 years old. Some going.

16 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Put new seats in the Elgrand the other day. Was just setting off to go to football with Imp Jr and turned on the engine whilst he got himself sorted. 

"Are you ready?" 

"Not yet" 

"Come on, we'll be late"

"I can't get the seat belt in" 

"Come on, have you not done it yet" 

"I can't find it!" 

"Can't find what" 

"The bit to put the seatbelt into" 

"Oh yeah....." 

20220311_190115.thumb.jpg.72e990395ba3de077e5d71ab7caa42d7.jpg

There's just a hole there. 

Mended. That connection sticking out the top in the photo yesterday, is the one that plugs into the clip where they were careless putting the trim back on. 

20220312_115611.thumb.jpg.2f0109cf56139d6767587f8d80b4bba2.jpg

The passenger seat is a bit shit generally. Might have to get another at some point. It was 'damaged in transit' or was 'like that when it was collected' depending on who you are talking to probably. Rest are okay and this is bearable so will put up with it for now. 

Also changed the clocks to MPH this morning. Only took 15 minutes and will hopefully prevent loads of speeding tickets as I can't do the maths to concvert it from KPH quick enough in my head when there's a speed camera. 

I went away to Bath in a posh hotel with my wife for her 40th, and we went all around the place looking at beautiful scenery, architecture, eg the royal crescent and such  etc. Had a few nice meals, paid £33 for a single whisky and a G&T

I get back and she asks if I have taken any nice photos. The only one I took of the whole trip was this, out of the window of an interesting museum

2031639928_2022-03-1210_34_42.thumb.jpg.8a03577490e5058db3c8fe104246f572.jpg

Bloody lovely it was too, there was grass growing out of the cobbles around it so I presume it's left there by some rich bloke as a runabout.

I've been out doing car shizzle for a few weekends now on the Elgrand and before that a bit of work here and there on the Subaru getting it ready to sell. Nowt complicated but doing stuff and it's been okay. I genuinely feel like I've got my mojo back in respect of my cars after about 3 years of not being able to even look at them without having a nervous breakdown. 

So much so that when I've got a week off in a couple of weeks inbetween jobs and I'm planning to do some of the work on the Visa that I've been avoiding for the last 3 years, weather permitting. I also have the incentive of fuel prices to get me going on that ad the fact I'll be carless for a few days at the beginning of May when the Elgrands getting painted but I'm quite excited that the idea of working on it doesn't fill me with dread.

I really hope that this can continue as I've really been enjoying it and Imp Jr has also been coming out to help, even asking to go out and do something. Slightly nervous that I'll balls something up really badly and be back at square one but I've had a few pit falls already and have just got on with it, leaving the screws rattling behind the centre console.......

So there's talk of a new device, alike a DPF that attaches to EVs to catch the pollution emitted by wearing tyres (!)

And the "experts" at Daily Express motoring say it's the catalytic converter for tyres. Erm, surely DPF for tyres? They don't convert the pollution, they capture it.

So just like a DPF, what happens to it when it gets full? It has to be cleared out. Doesn't make it disappear. 

(Just like putting an internal combustion engine in a power plant - moves the pollution and suddenly transport isnt the problem)

I had to laugh, it must be a pisstaking exercise to guage public response

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

So there's talk of a new device, alike a DPF that attaches to EVs to catch the pollution emitted by wearing tyres (!)

And the "experts" at Daily Express motoring say it's the catalytic converter for tyres. Erm, surely DPF for tyres? They don't convert the pollution, they capture it.

So just like a DPF, what happens to it when it gets full? It has to be cleared out. Doesn't make it disappear. 

(Just like putting an internal combustion engine in a power plant - moves the pollution and suddenly transport isnt the problem)

I had to laugh, it must be a pisstaking exercise to guage public response

What we need is to have EVs with no tyres. They would obviously have to run on some sort of metal road way. I expect someone will come up with something along those lines at some point.

10 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

What we need is to have EVs with no tyres. They would obviously have to run on some sort of metal road way. I expect someone will come up with something along those lines at some point.

Even better, we could have carriages that have no tyres, run on tracks, use electricity, arrive and leave destinations at set times...... 

Oh wait....