What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm going to Leeds on Friday and Ma says can you drop idiot sister at the MOT place on the way? OK I suppose. I'm attempting conversation and Idiot says it's expensive here, I've had a full service and it was £180!!! Er, what did they do in this full service?

Dunno really. Full service. Probably new spark plugs, not just changed the oil but changed the oil filter as well. 

Must have been a deluxe service if they did the filter as well as the oil. And it's very important to fit new spark plugs on your diesel renault van.......

Think she may have noticed I was taking the piss, 'cos she's left the invoice here for me to look at. Invoice says "full engine service @ 138575 miles. All filters changed and oil changed using 5w40 C3 oil £150+vat"

Bargain! £15 of filters n £40 of oil?

17 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

I'm going to Leeds on Friday and Ma says can you drop idiot sister at the MOT place on the way? OK I suppose. I'm attempting conversation and Idiot says it's expensive here, I've had a full service and it was £180!!! Er, what did they do in this full service?

Dunno really. Full service. Probably new spark plugs, not just changed the oil but changed the oil filter as well. 

Must have been a deluxe service if they did the filter as well as the oil. And it's very important to fit new spark plugs on your diesel renault van.......

Think she may have noticed I was taking the piss, 'cos she's left the invoice here for me to look at. Invoice says "full engine service @ 138575 miles. All filters changed and oil changed using 5w40 C3 oil £150+vat"

What about the hour of checking suspension, brakes, lights, seatbelts, wipers etc 🙄

18 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Seems fair, it will have tied up a lift and tech for at least half hour. Garages have to make money too y'know?

2 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

What about the hour of checking suspension, brakes, lights, seatbelts, wipers etc 🙄

Think that was covered by the MOT done at the same time for £50. Forgot to mention garage is owned by someone on same donkey yard so at m8's rates.

Maybe not. But invoice says "full engine service", doesn't mention looking at anything else on the shitbox van. When she's thick enough to think diesels have spark plugs there's quite the scope for charging n doing what you like.

8 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Maybe not. But invoice says "full engine service", doesn't mention looking at anything else on the shitbox van. When she's thick enough to think diesels have spark plugs there's quite the scope for charging n doing what you like.

What even is a"full engine service" i thought you meant full service

1 minute ago, camryv6 said:

What even is a"full engine service" i thought you meant full service

Haven't a clue. Invoice says "full engine service @ 138575 miles. All filters changed and oil changed using 5w40 C3 oil £150+vat". Given it's been driven <500 miles since last year's oil change they could have done chuff all. Doubt oil was that dirty.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Haven't a clue. Invoice says "full engine service @ 138575 miles. All filters changed and oil changed using 5w40 C3 oil £150+vat". Given it's been driven <500 miles since last year's oil change they could have done chuff all. Doubt oil was that dirty.

There is a man that hasn’t paid for or fitted many Renault diesel filters . 

got renewal for shit peugeot for old git

email said fuck all so clicked into their website and logged in

blah blah blah blah and then at teh bottom there was policy docs tab renewals tab

below that which i saw first were two numbers that added up to 500 quid

i had a fucking heart attack :D

looking closer that was the excess

clicked the renewals tab after figuring out what to press

its only 75 cheaper than last year - wtf is up with that :D

15 hours ago, hairnet said:

got renewal for shit peugeot for old git

email said fuck all so clicked into their website and logged in

blah blah blah blah and then at teh bottom there was policy docs tab renewals tab

below that which i saw first were two numbers that added up to 500 quid

i had a fucking heart attack :D

looking closer that was the excess

clicked the renewals tab after figuring out what to press

its only 75 cheaper than last year - wtf is up with that :D

I let mine renew this year after little effort looking elsewhere as whatever I did put the price of a new policy at the same/up by £20!

Its a strange world we live in nowadays 

7 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

20220307_075703.thumb.jpg.3b25f4bf491346d977d8e620a300b22d.jpg

It is prohibited to allow your inebriated terrier to skateboard unless he extinguishes his cigar first?

Maybe it's like the odd laws small towns in America bring in..... You may not take your Lion to the cinema for the Thursday matinée..... someone's done it so it gets banned!

In other news this otherwise unexceptional looking dealership caught my eye.....

Screenshot_20220307-145609.png

26 minutes ago, Wgl2019 said:

Maybe it's like the odd laws small towns in America bring in..... You may not take your Lion to the cinema for the Thursday matinée..... someone's done it so it gets banned!

Used to be mates with a fella who moved out to Arizona. Apparently it's illegal to put a donkey in a bathtub there.

14 hours ago, Wgl2019 said:

It is prohibited to allow your inebriated terrier to skateboard unless he extinguishes his cigar first?

In other news this otherwise unexceptional looking dealership caught my eye.....

In Kansas, it is against the law to pay off large debts with pennies. Everything was peachy until some ex-husband received a judgement against him for back child support of $10,000, and decided to deliver 1,000,000 pennies, loose, with a city truck, on his ex-wife's lawn.