What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Saturday just gone my 6 year old daughter did her first motorcycle trial 😀

It was only meant to be a quick play after the proper trial like she had done previously but the local club booked her in for the full monty . 
She was very nervous and we had a few refusals to begin with . But to be fair to her some of the sections were easily as tough as adult long distance road trial ones 😬.

But after a few goes she loved it . 

She even made it on the Oset cup website !!!

Massive thanks to the Camborne Redruth Motor club esp Howard 

5873A914-16D1-40AB-8B37-7DA8F77AFD9D.jpeg

watching chasing classic cars and hes at pebble beach but he does the concours de lemons - last time i saw him do that he rented a volvo p1800es that someone had turned into a targa :D - this time he bought a cadillac convertible that was more rusty than eddys

there was shit cadillacs and azteks and strange shit and then they showed a place holder with needlessly complcated italian cars on it :D

then they cut to wayne and while hes talking theres only a fiat strada in the background !!!!!!!11111111one!!11!!!!!

not complicated (he was talking about something else)

didnt know they ever imported them into usa

watching fantomworks and theyve brought in a 50s chevy pick up

chap bought it after he bought a ferrari for himself :D she wanted a truck

they bought it in and ooh thats rough they took the body off and the chassis was that fucked - when you sat on the outrigger for the cab the rail twisted even with only a person sat on it

sp they threw it away and bought a new frame but as dan described what theyre doing also said theyve buying a newer cab and also they bought a 502 to go in it - well thats why youd throw the orig chassis away then

as im watching the cab they bought is worse than eddys caddy :D

why didnt the customers - if theyre gonna spend that much money doing that why they didnt just buy a lovely truck - as in even a concours one - they wouldnt have to wait and it would be cheaper

insane

4 minutes ago, hairnet said:

watching fantomworks and theyve brought in a 50s chevy pick up

chap bought it after he bought a ferrari for himself :D she wanted a truck

they bought it in and ooh thats rough they took the body off and the chassis was that fucked - when you sat on the outrigger for the cab the rail twisted even with only a person sat on it

sp they threw it away and bought a new frame but as dan described what theyre doing also said theyve buying a newer cab and also they bought a 502 to go in it - well thats why youd throw the orig chassis away then

as im watching the cab they bought is worse than eddys caddy :D

why didnt the customers - if theyre gonna spend that much money doing that why they didnt just buy a lovely truck - as it even a concours one - they wouldnt have to wait and it would be cheaper

insane

I remember the Chevy Nomad they did that got painted the wrong colour and Dan’s solution to the customer was “it looks better after several glasses of wine” 🤔 they still had to pay full price for the job even though they didn’t get what they wanted/agreed.

Also I know classic car restoration is expensive but their prices seem out of this world 

Something I heard today whilst on-site made me laugh,

“sometimes it’s just better to give a prospective customer 5 grand and tell them to fuck off rather than piss about sorting their Quote, as in the long run it’s less hassle and you’ll lose less money”

😂

A two-time customer of ours has just featured in private eye today. Seems that despite having multi-million profits from ppe contracts they can’t afford to pay my companies’ multi -hundred point bill from 2020.

I’ll be writing to them ( yet again) tomorrow with a copy of the item, and to private eye just to let the squalid rag know what sort of fly by night shifty lot they are.

3CAEBECD-2F4A-4545-8CF6-09D0EF566DC1.jpeg

image.thumb.png.2425c3f9e2b6c5e38e86aa24c67e0075.png

A couple of months ago I nabbed the Chevy spark that was for sale here - today we have success! New brake lines will be done in the coming weeks / months. 

I'm really glad it's up and running, minus the missfire now!, as the Honda has been taken of the road while it waits it's turn in the garage for  new clutch, flywheel, full cat back stainless steel exhaust, new rear callipers and anything else they find wrong with it. 

HMRC have refunded money into my business account. I can now pay them corporation tax and take the rest* Tax free.  

And close the account and wind up the company.  After 12 plus years.  

*Not alot. But it will pay for a new roof.