What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Is that the one where the drive chain snapped and decapitated the driver?

Erm, almost. Count Zborowski who built both the Chittys then decided to build another car which was called the Higham Special. It was that car that Parry Thomas bought and turned into Babs, which decapitated him at Pendine. It was famously buried there, before being dug up and restored.

Chitty Bang Bang was a rather risque phrase by the way, not at all suited to a film aimed at kids.

5729741278_f7c9f37533_z.jpg

IMAG0461 by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

This would have gone in the grumpy thread.

"Stupid rangey cunt taking up half the McDonalds car park for no reason"

But then some bloke parked behind her, just close enough so she couldn't easily get out, and just far enough away to claim innocence, and she had to sit there like a plum until he'd finished his breakfast.

The fact that she didn't dare just drive out forwards over a bit of kerb in her OMGMASSIVE4X4 is a whole other issue. :roll:

Two grins today - first, someone has bought the sierra LX! As predicted, somone just approached me in the street and asked to buy it, I'm putting a fresh MoT on it tomorrow (and transfering the disabled tax onto the ghia), he's collecting at the weekend. And no, he isn't a mong who wants to cosseh it, he likes standard sierra saphires and is over the moon to find a clean un-barried one.

So to celebrate (and because I have some birthday money to spend) I went to clearance bargains and bought a colour laser printer to replace the canon poor-shot that completely failed to work last week. £60 for a Konika-Mintola magicolor network capable desktop sized thing that even specified "linux" as a supported system (min requirements red hat 9, suse 8.2 which made me lol, that's like the linux equivalent of 98SE...).

Got it home, found the PPD file on the support website (it is on the disk, but my netbook has no drive) plugged it in and 5 minutes later it was printing documents with absolutely no fuss at all. All I had to do was tell the printer setup what it's IP address was and where I put the PPD file. Bing! I have some £20 notes to run off later ;)

Hey Scary, did you manage to make a bit on the price of the Sierra then? Glad another Sierra lover has taken it on, is he local?

No, I'm selling it for the same £400 I paid, but putting a full MoT on it for him. I've had 6 months trouble free motoring from it for the cost of 2 tyres and the fuel, that will do for me.

And yes, local (lol pog.... you haven't been in some of the shops round here). He tracked me down after seeing me drive it around.

SOC - one of my erstwhile colleagues is a bit of a UNIX/Linux God, so if you ever get an issue, just growl me or PM, and I'll give him a shout. I have 2 Linux (UB1010) running here as firewalls, so I might even know. Ubuntu is the Autoshite way as it's free, and the colour scheme is nearly the same.

Hey Scary, did you manage to make a bit on the price of the Sierra then? Glad another Sierra lover has taken it on, is he local?

No, I'm selling it for the same £400 I paid, but putting a full MoT on it for him. I've had 6 months trouble free motoring from it for the cost of 2 tyres and the fuel, that will do for me.

And yes, local (lol pog.... you haven't been in some of the shops round here). He tracked me down after seeing me drive it around.

I think my phrasing highlighted my northern upbringing, didn't even see the ref to League of Gentlemen until it was spelt out to me (can pictures spell?) A bit like when I got a call off a Kiwi bloke a month or so back and answered the phone with 'Now then'....

Anyway, reason I asked was that I suddenly remembered the other night that I made a £50 profit on the Sierra when I sold it to you. And I'd bought it off a dealer. I'm such a shyster! Not bad for 17 months trouble free motoring, 1 tyre, thermostat and basic servicing. I really think it was the best car I've ever had, which probably goes to show how utterly low my standards/expectations are. Hope the Ghia surpasses it for you and cheers again for taking it on!

Just seen this - instant grin!

saopenzafront.jpg

saopenzarear.jpg

But then saw this - instant grump. Was this the last one left dya reckon?

Date of Liability 01 01 2008

Date of First Registration 10 11 1992

Year of Manufacture 1992

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1324CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLUE

Whatever happened to Speedbird's Sierra with the DOHC 2.0L? The one that blew its gasket? Did Fred scrap it? or SOC fix it? Just wondering.... it led to the "whole hippie bus thing", lol.

BING BONG

fredtransit to the shite courtesy phone please :D

Been helping my mate strip a few cars, load them up and weigh them in, I've had a gaggle load of spare parts and whilst on the way to the weighbridge we drove through some villages in Evesham I spotted loads of shite about, including a drive full of Maestro Vans and Astra Estates all overgrown with bushes and weed. There are plenty of old-fashined garages down that way with old shite laying around.

I think I'll have to take a trip there sometime soon and get snapping away with the camera.

Got someone called Ali text me earlier wanting to view my Bora tomorrow, He/she seems quite keen and has asked if I'd take £2k for it which i will now, they are coming from Luton though, Fingers crossed that they will turn up and buy it!

Got someone called Ali text me earlier wanting to view my Bora tomorrow, He/she seems quite keen and has asked if I'd take £2k for it which i will now, they are coming from Luton though, Fingers crossed that they will turn up and buy it!

ali_osman_large_1.jpg

watch he doesnt bring his wife with him - she's a smackhead