What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Absolutely wonderful to see so many classic and sports cars being used today in the south. The first warm, bright day we've had for a while so everyone's clearly gone out for a run in the cars. I had the roof down on the MX5 for the first time in a while which was very enjoyable as usual. 

Today's spots so far are as follows:

Citroen DS (nearly broke my neck) 

Frogeye Sprite

Aston DB9

The cleanest P38 Range Rover I've ever seen 🤯

Capri 2.8 Injection 

Rover P6 (oooh friend!) 

BMW M3 E92

Cayman GTS 

Modern Alpina BMW thing

E38 7 Series, V8 or V12

GR Yaris x2

And I'm sure there was something else which I now can't remember. That's a pretty healthy selection spotted over the course of 75-ish miles. 

Just now, Crackers said:

Absolutely wonderful to see so many classic and sports cars being used today in the south. The first warm, bright day we've had for a while so everyone's clearly gone out for a run in the cars. I had the roof down on the MX5 for the first time in a while which was very enjoyable as usual. 

Frogeye Sprite

Aston DB9

Capri 2.8 Injection 

Rover P6 (oooh friend!) 

BMW M3 E92

Cayman GTS 

Modern Alpina BMW thing

And I'm sure there was something else which I now can't remember. That's a pretty healthy selection spotted over the course of 75-ish miles. 

Heavily salted roads here and -1 with ice this morning. Not used the 2cv yet this year!

9 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Frogeye Sprite

Aston DB9

Capri 2.8 Injection 

Rover P6 (oooh friend!) 

BMW M3 E92

Cayman GTS 

Modern Alpina BMW thing

It is still full winter and snow here.

9 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Heavily salted roads here and -1 with ice this morning. Not used the 2cv yet this year!

Really? I'm only down the road visiting the parents and the salt situation was nowhere near as heavy as on the coast. Especially by midday when most of it had been worn off by traffic. 

Definitely tempted me to get the P6 out and blast the cobwebs out. Washed the Mazda instead. 

36 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Really? I'm only down the road visiting the parents and the salt situation was nowhere near as heavy as on the coast. Especially by midday when most of it had been worn off by traffic. 

Definitely tempted me to get the P6 out and blast the cobwebs out. Washed the Mazda instead. 

Well I was in work for 6.30 am and the roads were white. Had to de ice the car too. More a grump I suppose!

3 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I briefly considered buying an lpg v6 xantia ( Roger Bradford’s ex cx centre car ) but there weren’t any filling stations near me at the time and they also weren’t / aren’t? Allowed in the channel tunnel.

Friend of mine has a 1960 Chevy pick up with a V8 Lexus engine running on gas and last time I saw him he said it was a struggle getting gas in Cleveland. Said this to RR man tonight and he said there was a lot of campervans use LPG now.  With a 52 year old Roller I doubt fuel costs are going to be the biggest worry one way and t'other!

10 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

After seeing that garbage that Harry tested, I went to see what Overfinch were upto. 

😮😎

https://www.overfinchheritage.com/available-vehicles/range-rover-classic-field-edition/

£345k

I wasn't that impressed with the one he tested either-£170k and it rattled like an old bus and the transmission didn't seem right. Also the cruise didn't work. The ones I paid a grand for back in the day worked better!

I'll pass on the Overfinch too I think, how much?!?!!