What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just back from a gathering of all my old pals, we surprised a mate who's had a couple of bereavements and had been feeling a bit low, his face when 15 of us burst into his local pub in Mellor in Blackburn was a picture , I was a bit anxious about meeting them all for some reason but we had a bloody good laugh so feel like my soul has been recharged a bit .  I haven't drank that much for years though and feel like a rung out Chamois today 

Been here all morning, in and out of the river, hauling shit out etc. Fell over a few times it was good fun. 

Until halfway home and I realised I didn't have my keys... Fuck. 

20220123_125100.thumb.jpg.f3eb593944cd615bf4419b7be7f5c8f7.jpg

Shit. We walked back but there was zero chance of finding them. So we headed home to think of a plan B... (had called Amy who still has a front door key but she's out and 3 hours away...) 

Imagine my delight when we walked up to the house and saw them sitting in the front door 😂 Made me think we need a safe space for them when we next fuck around in the river, I nearly shit myself several time. 

Also means I probably live in a decent neighborhood as their open to the world to see sat in the front door. 

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Well done for cleaning  up the river. But I would be blowed if i would enter it. Unless you intentionally wanted a "bubble bath" made of some unknown chemicals.

I tell the kids to stay out as I pull the old tyres and shit from it. Luckily it's got a good flow and it all washes away fairly quickly... 

13 minutes ago, mintwth said:

With water companies discharging sewage so often, there should be some wet wipes in there to clean* up with

Not found any bones yet... 

There's dettol wipes, fresh water and cloths in the bag. Anything worse than that and it's time to head for home really 🤷

3 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Well done for cleaning  up the river. But I would be blowed if i would enter it. Unless you intentionally wanted a "bubble bath" made of some unknown chemicals.

Unless there's something industrial upstream discharging dodgy stuff('entirely legally discharged' sewage makes itself known pretty obviously so it's easy to give it a miss) the rainfall at this time of year means you're not likely to be exposed to anything troubling, although drinking it isn't to be recommended. 13.7 shite points to @beko1987 for cleaning it up.

Ironically it's right next door to a gravel quarry, which itself has a water treatment plant next to it 😂 (the turds from my house go there...) and the whole thing was a huge waste dump 70/80 years ago apparently... 

From previous urbex-ing/trespassing though the entire area is floodplains and the culvert comes from the Thame football club grounds and associated ditches. 

20 hours ago, beko1987 said:

the whole thing was a huge waste dump 70/80 years ago apparently... 

That's a lucky date because there won't be much if anything super harmful that remains/was dumped. If it were a dump from the 1960s and 1970s I'd be running for the hills.

12 hours ago, spike60 said:

Is that just the bottom arm ball joints? I had a high mile 530d touring that looked like that until I changed them. 

Think it’s the bottom arm and top arm bushes they all wear away together and they are a pain to replace, although if someone has more information on this please enlighten me