What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just realised I've completed 10000 miles in the Micra. That's some light use- the BX did 5000 during the summer alone! I've only had to replace 5 or so small items during that time and it's always returned me over 40MPG. It's a keeper.

Over the new year period i met up with my two best mates, one lives in london now so we maybe catch up twice a year in person if we can all get together.

We hopped in my car, went and found something to eat like we used to do well over a decade ago, id drive us all over the place back then. Now life has changed for us all, some ups and downs and life experiences / circumstances do change us even if we like it or not.  A short while after our jolly out i discovered something that should remind us that some stuff is just ingrained in the DNA of a man that just never changes no matter how much money we have, where we live or how old we get. 

20220109_171111.thumb.jpg.ca8512d6fea8d3d7288638f97714b5ad.jpg

18 minutes ago, MikeR said:

"blood pressure gets lower" or something to that degree. If mine gets any lower I'd be deid! :D

IMG-20220121-WA0000.thumb.jpg.a8c2840a00da5f3bf1494e1f2bcd9bf4.jpg

IMG-20220121-WA0001.thumb.jpg.db7c4e7f2e27ffbc66f07099f292e58f.jpg

1971 Range Rover in at work. When these halfshafts were drop forged my Father and brother were working for the company that made them, OMES Faulkner Ltd in Colnbrook Bucks. My brother was an apprentice then having started in 1970, my Father started working for Faulkners in Barnes after WWII and I was an apprentice in 1981 until my Father and I were made redundant in 1983, my brother had moved to Wilkinson Match by then. The company is long gone now and all the technology absorbed, so many forgings produced for many industries and famous names.

M6 north bound today , some twat in a black bmw/audi/clone type car nearly side swiped me as I indicated to move into the middle lane .

I saw him coming on my last glance and aborted the change and held my line  , he flew past on his way to a gap in the traffic for the Blackpool turn just off on my  nearside..

and 40 tons of artic filled the gap just as he approached it  , :-)

forcing him to dodge up the M6 looking for a gap as his options slowly ebbed away due to a chain of lorries blocking the lane off ...

we fucking cried with laughter ......

went to collect bike after oil change today

mot man said - your mots expired (for some odd reason when they do work on stuff they check)

whu? july innit? that and insurance not very far apart

nope that was cb500

it ran out in october :D

not been anywhere mad although trips to wales and the airport - how anpr hasnt pinged me ive no idea :D

apart from lubing the chain - needed nothing

note to self - do more miles :D

listening to that blackburn gadge and waiting for pizza (rock and roll)

could be worse could be a potato :D right @They_all_do_that_sir

pizza happened (lazy bastidge)

from russia with love and watching indian pacific train fro sydney to perth

ice cream later

have to go decathlon tomorrow to collect some thermal socks and some silk (!) gloves :D

practical or nerd :D

still not as bad as @beko1987 :P

plan for spain maybe @Remspoor @Jerzy Woking youre invited for coffee 

11 hours ago, MikeR said:

M6 north bound today , some twat in a black bmw/audi/clone type car nearly side swiped me as I indicated to move into the middle lane .

I saw him coming on my last glance and aborted the change and held my line  , he flew past on his way to a gap in the traffic for the Blackpool turn just off on my  nearside..

and 40 tons of artic filled the gap just as he approached it  , :-)

forcing him to dodge up the M6 looking for a gap as his options slowly ebbed away due to a chain of lorries blocking the lane off ...

we fucking cried with laughter ....

M6 East Bound Today. From Spaghetti Junction to the M42/M6 Toll junction. 

Some bastard in a white Citroen C1 was using all the lanes to under take then over take, then under take.  Traffic was moving at a steady 60 to 65 mph across 3 lanes and this prick was tracekkung at 75 to 90 mph. 

Was it you ? 

11 hours ago, hairnet said:

pizza happened (lazy bastidge)

from russia with love and watching indian pacific train fro sydney to perth

ice cream later

have to go decathlon tomorrow to collect some thermal socks and some silk (!) gloves :D

practical or nerd :D

still not as bad as @beko1987 :P

plan for spain maybe @Remspoor @Jerzy Woking youre invited for coffee 

thanks. Spain is a huger country  than uks so it depends on wheres aboots.

3 hours ago, New POD said:

M6 East Bound Today. From Spaghetti Junction to the M42/M6 Toll junction. 

Some bastard in a white Citroen C1 was using all the lanes to under take then over take, then under take.  Traffic was moving at a steady 60 to 65 mph across 3 lanes and this prick was tracekkung at 75 to 90 mph. 

Was it you ? 

was in the Focus

I will be doing that in the wifes C1 on Sunday !  :-)