What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

This does worry me a bit too, not least because we don't have a mobile signal here at all (well you get one bar the odd time to trick you into using it, then it drops out mid call) and my internet is in the 5Mb/s range, so I would be shit out of luck.

Not to mention the years of giving people that as the main number. Still though we have an astonishing lack of scam calls here, one "microsoft" call about 5 years ago (i hope i didnt jinx it..)

5 hours ago, MrBD said:

This does worry me a bit too, not least because we don't have a mobile signal here at all (well you get one bar the odd time to trick you into using it, then it drops out mid call) and my internet is in the 5Mb/s range, so I would be shit out of luck.

Not to mention the years of giving people that as the main number. Still though we have an astonishing lack of scam calls here, one "microsoft" call about 5 years ago (i hope i didnt jinx it..)

Oh, but one thing I did do when we were testing the VoIP phones- I took out old test machine with an Intel external dial-up modem and tested it dialing in.

On the regular landline I maxed out at about 42kbps after screwing with the line gain on the back end of the switch (something average punters don't get to do) but on the VoIP phone it connected with a solid 56kbps and worked flawlessly.

So yeah, you can do dial-up over fiber and it works well. #pointless

17 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Yes, everything will be fine. Except it won't. In that article it says 2% of homes cannot currently access 10Mbps broadband, but offers no solution. Mobile is not an option for me. Starlink would be great, but at £100 a month is not practical. Still, we will see what happens.

My parents have broadband but I doubt BT likes it. It reaches about 1mbps at maximum and breaks a few times a year, requiring days of men from BT Openreach digging up fields each time. 

On top of that, they pay about 35p a month because that's what the provider has been charging for years and we don't know why 

Rolling into Hastings for fish and chips then spent the night in the van. Bit chilly this morning though lovely veiw.

Stopped for more coffee and sausage sandwich in Marden on way home happy days. 

Holidays seem few and far between so good to get away if just for the night. 

FA32C974-95F2-4788-AE37-5A1416859B52.jpeg

63B9D0C9-838E-473C-AB28-C1B95F0A848C.jpeg

C2A0D94B-9B9E-47DD-8074-DFE09896B926.jpegSorry my pics are crap haha 😂 first ones a panorama don’t work at all in post oh well you’ll have to take my word.

Edited by Rustybullethole

Sorting out junk in the attic.

Found this. documentation for a Peugeot 405 4x4GL I had the pleasure of driving for a number of months. I did not like the fuel consumption,  but loved the handling.

MOT history and the last change of details was in Feb 2001.  Looks like it only lasted 12 years. The car delivery company, who delivered the car from Peugeot to my place of work, no longer exists.

Pug1.thumb.jpg.6c03970e71b40b63d911f42485cd10d9.jpg

pug2.thumb.jpg.c5e916df693efb2f32bd4f0ed349199f.jpg

pug3.thumb.jpg.429f0dd01bd957aca677ba379131e86b.jpg

pug4.thumb.jpg.b7604ee0b8cb50930d53af45d8d93f8a.jpg

pug5.thumb.jpg.927bfb9c3061050507278c1469b994d1.jpg