What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

12 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

The 24th is the main day of Christmas in Norway. Has been a great day this, minus 20 cold degrees over 1 meter of snow so proper Norwegian Christmas weather. My dad is here we've had Deere roast for dinner and just enjoying ourselves.

We had Ribbee last night as my son's wife is 1/2 Norwegian (and 1/2 Polish).

And the weirdest cold rice pudding dish ever.  It was nice, just new to my tastebuds. 

20211224_171914.jpg

20211224_171923.jpg

13 hours ago, MrDuke said:

My niece is 17, has moderate social anxiety, and no interest whatsoever in driving. She doesn't need to drive in any case, as she can commute by bus. Her ****ing idiot father has decided to buy her a car anyway, because apparently no respectable parent could possibly have offspring that don't drive. He decided to buy a 10+ year old hatchback in the interests of 'practicality'.

Said car is actually a CLC 200 Kompressor, with a sports exhaust, AMG rims and tinted windows. The first thing my niece did, bless her, was stick a big plastic flower on top of the aerial. I'm currently laughing my arse off thinking about how much he'll be spunking on her insurance, on a car that she'll drive once a month at the very most.

I had a look at a few of them, before buying an Astra GTC. 

All were being sold by bombsite traders, whose idea of after sales service would be to set the dawgs on you. 

35 minutes ago, New POD said:

And the weirdest cold rice pudding dish ever.  It was nice, just new to my tastebuds. 

I'm not that fond of Ribbe so it's not something I eat. And I think I know what you mean by rice pudding, we also had this yesterday called Riskrem in Norwegian. The world is small at times.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Wow , 6 days Darlington to Southampton , surely at that point in time there must've been a company in Southampton that could've built that 

Not many foundries could put out fabrications that big at that time(even fewer now), most were near the two big centres of ship building, the Tyne and the Clyde.

2 hours ago, Wack said:

Wow , 6 days Darlington to Southampton , surely at that point in time there must've been a company in Southampton that could've built that 

Only 6 days? I guess the route they took can't have gone via Spaghetti Junction or the M25

10 hours ago, New POD said:

20211224_171914.jpg

20211224_171923.jpg

I thought it was belly pork from the picture! Is superkraut like sauerkraut? I have it with monkfish usually.

23 hours ago, MrDuke said:

My niece is 17, has moderate social anxiety, and no interest whatsoever in driving. She doesn't need to drive in any case, as she can commute by bus. Her ****ing idiot father has decided to buy her a car anyway, because apparently no respectable parent could possibly have offspring that don't drive. He decided to buy a 10+ year old hatchback in the interests of 'practicality'.

Said car is actually a CLC 200 Kompressor, with a sports exhaust, AMG rims and tinted windows. The first thing my niece did, bless her, was stick a big plastic flower on top of the aerial. I'm currently laughing my arse off thinking about how much he'll be spunking on her insurance, on a car that she'll drive once a month at the very most.

What a load of balls.  If she doesn't want to drive, I'll buy that off them as Christmas present to myself.

Anyway, making me grin yesterday was watching the Top Gear christmas edition at a friend's house...how cool was Chris Harris's BX 4x4 GTi? :D

13 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Please tell me more 😁

I'm assuming a PiHole.

A raspberry pi that blackholes any DNS requests for known advertising hosting domains. The ad content doesn't even reach your devices in the first place, so no need for blockers on all the devices.

it was my nephews birthday last week - as the gift I had bought him was a bit sensible / boring (an a3 drawing board, squares, compasses, pencils etc) I thought he might appreciate a silly gift too !

120 assorted googly eyes :) 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.70b2d9edb8bb7aad119f1dc8fe58f175.jpg

this turned out to be a hit and, one week later, we are still finding surprise eyes all over the house 

IMG_7694.thumb.JPG.c5d9308f860fe874ec9e10b93e818265.JPG

IMG_7695.thumb.JPG.9381bd10d781dd401d8f99b2a4c3cff2.JPG

IMG_7699.thumb.JPG.bdac86477bfcf568c0b1092a3a4c4908.JPG

IMG_7696.thumb.JPG.def4c2dd6c11e2caa3a6893660c3babd.JPG

IMG_7698.thumb.JPG.06174c83c60f7761f67f8ccd50162a64.JPG

IMG_7700.thumb.JPG.389b582719f595c2676e6d20dead6434.JPG

and my particular favourite (his mother hasn't found this one yet)

IMG_7697.thumb.JPG.24bdd9379c0b08ae70552624114d1ea1.JPG

apparently, googly eyes are the talk of the school too  

(the drawing board is still in its box)