What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My cordless floor washer, one of my cordless vacuums and my hairdryer all have WiFi and an app... 

Bar filming it I've never ever used it 😂 

469595976_Screenshot_20211223-210107_TinecoLife.thumb.jpg.728165beaffb75a300156ad10d04af79.jpg

Of course their all offline, I'm sat on the sofa 😂 The hairdryer is even more bad as you cna turn it on/off, min max speed and hot or cold. To do the fancy settings you've got to be in the app. Which involves keeping the hairdryer turned on... Even Eva says its fucking* stupid 

*not the exact words. I think I even said so in the review videos I did after they were all given to me. They still send more though and it is funky in its own way. Nowadays I've got an android x86 vm on my unraid server I fire up if I need some footage of it, saves dicking around with a phone 

Just plugged in my launch edition Samsung Galaxy tab to see if it still works and it does! I got it free* with a phone deal in about 2011 and only stopped using it the year before last evidently a few days before the first lockdown based on the tabs still open when I switched it back on. It’s still quite useful as it runs the remote software for my camera pole camera rather well. Clearly the Toyota pickup of tablets

just popped into Aldi for a few things and they were doing a spotting scope with tripod for 25 notes , I thought why not . its Xmas

got it home and its ok , 60mm aperture with 20 to 60 zoom , the tripod is as wobbly as a jelly but its light and small and will do my camera work with my mobile on top ,

I have a big f off tripod that the scope can go on top of .

so now I have a nice little tripod to shove in my bag , and a ok spotting scope setup ..

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

We had a King Charles that would go in exactly the same spot every morning while we were  walking the kids to school 

I always assumed it was instinct , nothing tried to eat me yesterday and the day before so it'll be fine today as well 

My niece is 17, has moderate social anxiety, and no interest whatsoever in driving. She doesn't need to drive in any case, as she can commute by bus. Her ****ing idiot father has decided to buy her a car anyway, because apparently no respectable parent could possibly have offspring that don't drive. He decided to buy a 10+ year old hatchback in the interests of 'practicality'.

Said car is actually a CLC 200 Kompressor, with a sports exhaust, AMG rims and tinted windows. The first thing my niece did, bless her, was stick a big plastic flower on top of the aerial. I'm currently laughing my arse off thinking about how much he'll be spunking on her insurance, on a car that she'll drive once a month at the very most.

1 hour ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

The 24th is the main day of Christmas in Norway. Has been a great day this, minus 20 cold degrees over 1 meter of snow so proper Norwegian Christmas weather. My dad is here we've had Deere roast for dinner and just enjoying ourselves.

Any pictures of said meter of snow , we get 1cm for 20 minutes here and things start to fall apart , I bet 1m deep and it's business as usual in Norway 

10 minutes ago, Wack said:

Any pictures of said meter of snow , we get 1cm for 20 minutes here and things start to fall apart , I bet 1m deep and it's business as usual in Norway 

We had 1.5 meters of snow but have shrunk a little since. The pictures below are the same as I posted in the new news 24 thread a few weeks ago.

20211209_111722.thumb.jpg.75362b47fbfd6d4fb189596f0cd5bdc4.jpg20211209_111810.thumb.jpg.ffed81ba3ce9c969a085c1e2751f9ca7.jpg20211209_111806.thumb.jpg.2490685de360b24d1f31ef439bff6d3c.jpg

20211209_111745.jpg