What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Things that make me happy #172.

I’m one for owning a press car - there just seems to be an extra bit of pride and ‘pub bragging rights’ in having a car that Clarkson has revved the bollocks off or been launched around Silverstone at 104.8 mph. It’s also nice to see it when it was new and what was fitted on the car before an acquisition.

I found this picture of a Focus TDCi Titanium estate on t’interwebs…

8E49E203-6DE4-475D-BAAB-A6ABED7C0661.thumb.jpeg.ffe4b2b2ac86badc9512607d82a5e690.jpeg

ET57 OAA - Focus 2.0 TDCi Titanium Estate.

Imagine my delight when I was driving through town yesterday and spotted this very car going up a side road. Annoyingly I was driving at the time so no photo opportunity, but I have seen it before at least twice so I know it’s a local car to me.

It’s sister, ET57 OAB, is also a 2.0 TDCi Titanium but a hatchback and was a tow car in Practical Caravan magazine many years ago.

463DE4CA-9C33-4BF4-96B5-ACCD30B29236.thumb.jpeg.1557a4131bf71effbacd8d6f0d911d64.jpeg

And I’ve found out my mate is selling this very car at the moment. What are the chances!

5CF0D2B3-249F-4FAA-BC66-16422583BD51.thumb.png.129967c752ef0d57c22ebda110a1c860.png

GRIN FACTOR : 1627372975.

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

man Facebook has been suggesting some pages by some right @DodgyBastard recently :mrgreen:

image.thumb.png.f2bd9beaf9f67c1eac3b6222f3c7b447.png

I remember a kid I went to school with had one of these as his first car and became rather obsessed with them, he must of had 8 give or take all parked outside his mums house in various states of repair, would love to have known what happened to them all and to him. 

12 hours ago, goosey said:

I remember a kid I went to school with had one of these as his first car and became rather obsessed with them, he must of had 8 give or take all parked outside his mums house in various states of repair, would love to have known what happened to them all and to him. 

In the 80s, A friend of mine had two old 504 estates ( 7 seaters) plus a garden full of 5 or 6 others in various states of dismantling for spares.

22 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

And with over 40 photos couldn't be bothered to show the bit where the dogs would be supposed to sit.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:27 PM, greengartside said:

I’m one for owning a press car - there just seems to be an extra bit of pride and ‘pub bragging rights’ in having a car that Clarkson has revved the bollocks off or been launched around Silverstone at 104.8 mph. It’s also nice to see it when it was new and what was fitted on the car before an acquisition.

I was able to identify the Kia Cerato that overtook me in the middle of Mansfield about 3 or so years ago as the towcar in the episode of Top Gear where they went caravanning.

Shockingly, my passenger was not impressed by said fact.

This morning on the way to work I followed some Hyundai SUV thing being driven poorly.

30mph limit through Baslow, they went 45mph. 

60mph limit up the hills, they went 35-40mph (no streetlights)

50mph limit over the tops they went 35-40mph. (again, no street lighting)

40mph limit into Chesterfield, they sped up to 45 because there were streetlights.

30mph limit down Chatsworth road through the two speed cameras? again, 45mph. The first one must not have been loaded but the 2nd one definitely flashed them and it made my morning because I'm a sad bastard

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

This morning on the way to work I followed some Hyundai SUV thing being driven poorly.

30mph limit through Baslow, they went 45mph. 

60mph limit up the hills, they went 35-40mph (no streetlights)

50mph limit over the tops they went 35-40mph. (again, no street lighting)

40mph limit into Chesterfield, they sped up to 45 because there were streetlights.

30mph limit down Chatsworth road through the two speed cameras? again, 45mph. The first one must not have been loaded but the 2nd one definitely flashed them and it made my morning because I'm a sad bastard

I came the closest I've ever come to murder on the road out of chesterfield towards chatsworth about 20 years ago, I got in the wrong lane coming out of chesterfield, there was plenty of room to let me in but audi cock decided to speed up and close the gap to much less but I still got in, I was in a van

Then once on the open road he overtook me , brake checked me and started driving at 30mph , whenever I tried overtaking he'd speed up , I'd stopped a couple of times and offered him outside but he just sat 100 yards away and drove away as I walked towards him which was probably a good thing because I was raging

This went on right to the roundabout near chatsworth where I was going right and he went left

I went right but slowly round the roundabout then left , just saw the back of his car entering a close so I followed him and sat at the entrance to the close, his kids were at the door so I just sat there until he clocked me then drove off with a 'I know where you live now cunt' look

Never did anything but I hope he was curtain twitching for a few days

9 minutes ago, Wack said:

Drive like a twat , crash like a twat , do you think he's wondering how to get those undeclared wheels off before the claim 

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the rear wheels when he stops. Those don't do the Mitsubishi rear wheel steering thing as far as I'm aware...?

1 minute ago, PhilA said:

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the rear wheels when he stops. Those don't do the Mitsubishi rear wheel steering thing as far as I'm aware...?

I think the axle beam is still connected by the spring and shock, but the trailing arm has snapped off.