What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 hours ago, Wack said:

The government 

I assume you mean the British government. However, if you read what I am pleased about and the translated website I am writing about Spain. We here only have 6 fuel stations that dispensing E10. The article says that that there is little incentive to make it countrywide. That is a win.

30 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I assume you mean the British government. However, if you read what I am pleased about and the translated website I am writing about Spain. We here only have 6 fuel stations that dispensing E10. The article says that that there is little incentive to make it countrywide. That is a win.

Sorry didn't make myself very clear 

I think it's probably part of the big plan in the UK to force those on low pay with older cars to use E10 then when their cars break down it's just one less ICE car on the road.

The future will be driverless electric cars paid for by app , they'll just be parked at charging stations like taxi's at a taxi rank , you'll get in and the app will charge you and take you where you want to go 

Owned cars will be for the wealthy , that's how I see it going anyway 

Not car related, but for some reason I keep getting given these, purely for throwing myself in the way of spherical objects that people seem determined to get past me into a sort of fishing net thing. 

IMG20211206215946.thumb.jpg.79f1c61ecd8b937553fb82a1f349ca7c.jpg

No idea what MOTM means, I presume something good? 😁

15 hours ago, paulplom said:

Cats and certain dogs chase the red dots on a wall or whatever.

Reminds me of my American cousin when he was 15.

Got a laser pen and was being a knob and shining it though neighbouring windows etc.

This one neighbour was being stalked and had received threats to life etc. Next thing a SWAT team turned up looking for a potential shooter.

Could of gone quite badly wrong.

Bimmer was riding like a bag of shite and showing NS rear suffering with low pressure for a week or so (kept topping it up for a month), and finally got it to the garage yesterday to find a hole 1 inch from the tyre wall on the run flat.

Check the picture of the deterioration on the inside. Why am I grinning? New set of Yokohama non run flats all round equals better ride and when the tyre goes flat it goes flat!!!!

59F789C0-ADB5-4CC7-A4B0-2C700D08049B.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Minimad5 said:

Grin. Finding old pictures like this :

154294_10150090909755351_1193220_n.jpg

I recall the look of horror on some folks face, as they read the banner .... Autosh- 😲

The banner disappeared for a long time, in my early years on the forum (2013-16) its whereabouts was often questioned. 

When the Northern Powerhouse meets started in 2016, I occasionally noticed Junkman and Conelrad making reference to something AS related, but always spoken obliquely - 'do you still have it?' 'yes I do'. This went on for a while and I was curious. They wouldn't say what was going on. 

I was talking to watgongsidecorporation late one night at Shitefest '17 in Lincolnshire, Jon having shown up at the eleventh hour in his 305 having had nothing to eat for several hours and with nothing but a Mexican blanket to sleep under. Feeling peckish after countless Bud Lights (I'd managed to buy 50 cans for £7.50 from a Tesco reduced shelf somehow), I started on a large bag of Doritos - Jon asked for some and ended up eating the whole bag. 

Somehow Jon ended up telling the story of the banner and he explained it was once his - I don't recall exactly what was said, but he said that he didn't want to have the banner any more so asked someone nearby to take it away from him.  Something clicked in my head. 

I know where it is, and nobody else does.

When daveb47 had stopped fucking about and the site was back up, I sent a PM to Junkman: 'I know you have the banner'. 

'Yes. What do you want it for?' 

'To take to shows and stuff'.  

As it happened, someone at Shitefest foisted an XJ40 wing onto me (Richard K? ChinaTom? I can't quite remember) and asked me to take it to the Junktowers, which I did on my way home. I nabbed the banner while I was there. 

I didn't tell anyone - I thought it best that way, and waited for the right moment for it to resurface - after all I was the last person anyone would have expected to have it back then. I can't remember entirely where it made its return but that may well have been Chumley 2017 - I remember it being taken in exceptionally good humour by showgoers and shiters alike. 

It was a triumphant return. 

It's been to every AS gathering I've been to since, and I still have it now. 

20211208_032039.thumb.jpg.268319373fb7576c3c9d283e20365335.jpg

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

The banner disappeared for a long time, in my early years on the forum (2013-16) its whereabouts was often questioned. 

When the Northern Powerhouse meets started in 2016, I occasionally noticed Junkman and Conelrad making reference to something AS related, but always spoken obliquely - 'do you still have it?' 'yes I do'. This went on for a while and I was curious. They wouldn't say what was going on. 

I was talking to watgongsidecorporation late one night at Shitefest '17 in Lincolnshire, Jon having shown up at the eleventh hour in his 305 having had nothing to eat for several hours and with nothing but a Mexican blanket to sleep under. Feeling peckish after countless Bud Lights (I'd managed to buy 50 cans for £7.50 from a Tesco reduced shelf somehow), I started on a large bag of Doritos - Jon asked for some and ended up eating the whole bag. 

Somehow Jon ended up telling the story of the banner and he explained it was once his - I don't recall exactly what was said, but he said that he didn't want to have the banner any more so asked someone nearby to take it away from him.  Something clicked in my head. 

I know where it is, and nobody else does.

When daveb47 had stopped fucking about and the site was back up, I sent a PM to Junkman: 'I know you have the banner'. 

'Yes. What do you want it for?' 

'To take to shows and stuff'.  

As it happened, someone at Shitefest foisted an XJ40 wing onto me (Richard K? ChinaTom? I can't quite remember) and asked me to take it to the Junktowers, which I did on my way home. I nabbed the banner while I was there. 

I didn't tell anyone - I thought it best that way, and waited for the right moment for it to resurface - after all I was the last person anyone would have expected to have it back then. I can't remember entirely where it made its return but that may well have been Chumley 2017 - I remember it being taken in exceptionally good humour by showgoers and shiters alike. 

It was a triumphant return. 

It's been to every AS gathering I've been to since, and I still have it now. 

20211208_032039.thumb.jpg.268319373fb7576c3c9d283e20365335.jpg

Good man 😎

I've always wanted to nab it, and put it up in my garage at home.

Hopefully we will see it make an appearance next time we have a meeting, infact, it'll be (sad) but awesome to recreate the above picture 😅

12 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

Grin. Finding old pictures like this :

154294_10150090909755351_1193220_n.jpg

I recall the look of horror on some folks face, as they read the banner .... Autosh- 😲

OOOOh Viva Ha and HB....... The later looks like it could be a hens tooth GT model.