What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

20 hours ago, vulgalour said:

I'm getting better at this bread making.  This one looks like an actual proper loaf.  It's only slightly cheaper than buying an equivalent loaf from the shop, and much less convenient, but I'm really enjoying the process and seeing my breads improve with each one I do.

photo_2021-12-01_19-09-29.thumb.jpg.ce5444bebfe5466b3f154a6e22bb0e40.jpg

Cost depends really.

You can buy a loaf of sliced white for 40p. You can buy a bag of flour for £1.50, and you'll get 3 loafs out of the bag. The shop bought stuff lasts longer, whereas yours lasts for a few days. The thing is though, yours will taste better.

Plus it's free gym membership. Gotta get dem gainz!

Not an actual grin but.

I'm in Benidorm,  Couldn't go last year because Spain blocked us.

Went in Guinness Bar.    Manager came over, said   "how you doing.....when is the actual anniversary date of your wife's death?"

It's 8th Dec actually.....3 years ago.. How the fuck did he remember?

He gave me a free drink as well....................

55 minutes ago, Wack said:

Anybody know where this pub is 

Screenshot_20211203-151037_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7fae3415a999d1751c354739b6ac2014.jpg

I'm going to scare you now. I'm using the Bank of England's inflation calculator. That says 03/75. So I'm guessing March 1975.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a working men's club too.

In today's money..... those half pints.

Bitter - then 9p. Today - 95p

Skol - then 10p. Today - £1.06

Guinness - then 11p. Today = £1.22.

So I'm going to compare with Spoons (because it's cheap) 🤣

Bitter - 99.5p - choice of much better things than Tetley I'm afraid - on draught Hobgoblin, Hanlons Citramas IPA, Batemans Rosey-Nosey (which I like), Wychwood Bah Humbug (which I also like). I'm actually impressed - people slag off Spoons, but a quick peek at the drinks menu, they've got some decent winter beers on offer at £1.99 a pint. Right now, they have Ruddles on offer for 99p a pint too, but that's a special offer, so I left it out.

Lager - (bleurgh) - Bud Light - £1.09(1/2). That's as equally shocking as Skol 🤑

Guinness - £1.64(1/2). So that's gone up considerably.

On 02/12/2021 at 17:12, St.Jude said:

Cost depends really.

You can buy a loaf of sliced white for 40p. You can buy a bag of flour for £1.50, and you'll get 3 loafs out of the bag. The shop bought stuff lasts longer, whereas yours lasts for a few days. The thing is though, yours will taste better.

Plus it's free gym membership. Gotta get dem gainz!

40p sliced white is awful, last time I bought it was for feeding the ducks.

£1 a loaf for anything half decent, your handmade loaf would sell for £3 in an “artisan” deli.

Keep going.

6 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Thought they were using E5 and E10 petrol here in Spain. It would seem they are not after all. Only six fuel stations are dispensing this crap.

Web page in Spanish translated into English via Google.

While E5 is still available it's what I'll be filling up with , they're committed to phasing out petrol so they won't care if it fucks your engine up a couple of years sooner than it would with E5 .