What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Tight-fistedness seems to be a national sport now.

It's been my entire life, and not through choice.  If people are going to jump on my bandwagon, it would be nice of them to wait for me to jump off!

12 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Tight-fistedness seems to be a national sport now.

I got 5 take offs from a brand  new jimny. Done about 500 miles and bridgestone OE tyres. Got them for 48 quid for all of them.  Bargain yeah? 

It was a bit of a drive away but still made them a bargain. Made a day out off it with my better half , it was pissing down and  5mins out of the car my she slipped on a step and twisted her ankle 2 years later she suffers with an ache on that foot is and about to have it operated on. 

Worth it , it was not. 

12 hours ago, Fumbler said:

New carb fuel results are in. I'm running on E10 BTW.

FORTY EFFING MPG!

That's the best yet.

E5 is horrible enough in carbs let alone E10, what car is it?

14 hours ago, PhilA said:

Because the first 10% of use drove them to go buy a decent brand?

"Someone else can have this misery"

In the early 90's I needed a set of pads for an SD1 I was running,  something cheap to squeeze the last bit of life out of the discs that were just about serviceable. Via a friend in what was Camberley Auto Factors using his staff discount I was presented with a set of Jurid pads for £4, that was cheap even back then. They worked OK, a bit lacking in feel and uninspiring bite but the brakes were not great to start with. Then I tried stopping from high speed, wet bicycle brake blocks would have been better! I'm sure they were made from recycled cardboard.