What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm getting that warm feeling from having saved lots of money, plus getting my old Qashqai through another MoT. It didn't actually pass, but failed on a cv boot and a blocked washer jet. Garage quote to mend that was nearly 200quid and they wouldn't do it within the next fortnight. I managed to do it for £12.50 this afternoon. Fixing the washer jet actually took nearly as long as replacing the boot, I couldn't clear the jet by blowing through it, either manually or with an air line. I then had the idea of sucking instead which dislodged lots of gritty unmentionable sludge which ended up (briefly) in my mouth. 

On 15/11/2021 at 19:46, Andyrew said:

If its yourself fitting it, its Worth getting the old one off first to get some numbers off the back to check before you order online / at a motor factors.

If you get stuck, pm me a reg on wednesday and ill look on the system at work and get you some part numbers.

He got it sorted last night.

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Just been for a face to face interview for Universal Credit.  The lad behind the screen was talking about payment dates and stuff.  I said does this mean I've been approved then?  Apparently it does, woohoo!

Brilliant news Eddie, slap up chippy tea when it lands in your bank :) 

On 15/11/2021 at 21:56, hairnet said:

just watching the hornby thing on yesterday and theyre talking to the chap who has a set/diorama where he has cars lined up (in period)

a scrapyard

and cars running up and down - turned it over after watching something else turned back he was back on and the cars going down the road (pulled by little brass tangs under the road

mk3 capri chased by an sd1 :D and boxes for the capri to crash thru :D

LOLZ

you lot have probably seen him before

https://www.youtube.com/user/EverardJunction