What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, Wack said:

We have a comedian on Facebook , he has many listings 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/607648047339776/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_20211101-185927_Facebook.thumb.jpg.c5a3d6a6db37f27e2caf2ac818a5187f.jpg

Sammy Snake bouncy castle, ideal for all functions. 

Also available, Brian Potter's Big Pink Paradise! 

10 minutes ago, Wack said:

Phoenix Nights , it really was brilliant 

about ten years ago I went to some extended families 60th wedding anniversary at a working mens club one sunday afternoon, I'd never been there before, but everything seemed very familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it until I realised I was stood in the fucking Pennine suite! It made my week.

7 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Rufford ford is the gift that keeps on giving.  In the latest video some twat manages to kill a Range Rover Velar...

(There's also a fantastic sounding Defender towards the end.)

Up until that one I always thought that LR products did ok through there . Even the freelander and ewoks 

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Rufford ford is the gift that keeps on giving.  In the latest video some twat manages to kill a Range Rover Velar...

I expected more YOLO’s than that. It appears to be a spectator sport with different techniques being adapted. Imagine a MK1 Ka attempting that… at the other end it would need to be identified by dental records i.e. VIN plate 😆

18 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I expected more YOLO’s than that. It appears to be a spectator sport with different techniques. Imagine a MK1 Ka attempting that… at the other end it would need to be identified by dental records I.e. VIN plate 😆

I just don't get it , are modern drivers so far removed from the mechanical processes involved in a car they think they can do anything 

I'll never forget the guy in the new range rover coming over the Pennines east to west on the M62 in heavy snow 

One lane open , everyone crawling , other two covered in snow , he comes past doing 30 with a , 'this cost 100k it better do this'attitude 

Can't escape physics though as he found out when he touched the brakes and went spinning , amazingly he hit nothing and rejoined us in the queue 

A bit further down I watched a guy in a sprinter van towing a trailer come off at the saddleworth turn, the slip road was a foot deep in snow , with my WTF face on I saw his trailer jack knife ½ way down it 

14 minutes ago, Wack said:

I just don't get it , are modern drivers so far removed from the mechanical processes involved in a car they think they can do anything 

I'll never forget the guy in the new range rover coming over the Pennines east to west on the M62 in heavy snow 

One lane open , everyone crawling , other two covered in snow , he comes past doing 30 with a , 'this cost 100k it better do this'attitude 

Can't escape physics though as he found out when he touched the brakes and went spinning , amazingly he hit nothing and rejoined us in the queue 

A bit further down I watched a guy in a sprinter van towing a trailer come off at the saddleworth turn, the slip road was a foot deep in snow , with my WTF face on I saw his trailer jack knife ½ way down it 

Sadly I think it is a case of drivers being so far removed. They’re more interested in their image than the bald tyres on their 2 tonne Chelsea tractor!

19 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I grew up around 20 minutes away from Rufford and as a kid loved nothing more than watching cars go through the ford and cheering on those who gunned it through.

Thanks to the advent of technology, I don't even need to leave the house to enjoy this now.

21 hours ago, wuvvum said:Rufford ford is the gift that keeps on giving.  In the latest video some twat manages to kill a Range Rover Velar...

I watch them at work during lunch. They’re very relaxing, and it’s fun counting dead BMWs.

Imagine a MK1 Ka attempting that… at the other end it would need to be identified by dental records i.e. VIN plate

Seen quite a few of those cars starting to rot, all with rust in the same spot: around the fuel filler filler flap

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro

18 minutes ago, Inca-mpetent said:

I guess The Netherlands got lucky(or unlucky), then

Was going to say! I've seen ones not even 5 years old in scrapyards. The last time I visited one, they were the most common vehicle in the stack.

Was going to say! I've seen ones not even 5 years old in scrapyards. The last time I visited one, they were the most common vehicle in the stack.
I mean, yes, there's a lot of them in scrapyards

But there were millions of them made
And most of them had rust in the spot I mentioned before

And it's usually a death sentence
For repairing it is kinda difficult because of the location

1 minute ago, Inca-mpetent said:

I mean, yes, there's a lot of them in scrapyards

But there were millions of them made
And most of them had rust in the spot I mentioned before

You're rather lucky to still be seeing a few, I suppose. I haven't seen one in ages. I seem to remember that once you saw rust around the filler flap, the inner arch and rear quarter had turned to dust.

You're rather lucky to still be seeing a few, I suppose. I haven't seen one in ages. I seem to remember that once you saw rust around the filler flap, the inner arch and rear quarter had turned to dust.
You can get one here between€400 and €3k

Not that I'd want one, but there's around 150-200 online

Bf's dad is never one to mince words when it comes to the cosmetics on cars.  Was pretty satisfying to hear he thought the bf was winding him up about me having repaired one rear arch on the Maestro after commenting on how dreadful the unfinished side looks (it really does look dreadful, he's not wrong, it's flash rusted and everything while I've been waiting for the new welding torch to arrive).  He had to have the repair pointed out to him and once he realised what had been done, was impressed, even though to my eye it still needs a bit more work to be as good as it could be.

I'm still waiting on the new guide tube arriving, once that's here I can crack on and finish the repair to that arch and start inspecting the car for any other bits that might need doing since the MoT is looming.

2 minutes ago, Wack said:

Fuck me 

If anyone down south reads this they'll just say , see I told you it was grim up north 

Screenshot_20211104-222447_Facebook.thumb.jpg.afc7d03d2dd642bb8e88078c6ee5b2f4.jpg

As someone who works fairly frequently in Warrington, the traffic there is amongst as bad as I've ever seen in my travels around the world.
I work in Birchwood, but often had to stay at Winwick, as that's were the hotels were that had availability. I thought one day it would be really fun to try going across town. An hour later, I was about half way.

24 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

As someone who works fairly frequently in Warrington, the traffic there is amongst as bad as I've ever seen in my travels around the world.
I work in Birchwood, but often had to stay at Winwick, as that's were the hotels were that had availability. I thought one day it would be really fun to try going across town. An hour later, I was about half way.

Have you visited Wades salvage in Winwick Quay? a regular haunt of mine with a splendid selection of 60's - 90's scrappers 

On Wednesday morning I drove past the site of a random 1700s lead mine with a few interesting remaining buildings, I went on a tour there years ago,  it was brilliant but we weren't allowed in the depths of it all because we were the general public and it was an open day. It's not open to the public usually and I made a mental note to look to see if there was another tour one day.

Got a message off a mate of mine this morning who said he has "great plans for saturday night". I was a bit concerned, but it turns out through sheer coincidence (I've never mentioned the place to him before) that these plans turn out to be that he's got us the keys for this entire mine, and use of the attached buildings that have a bunkhouse that we can stay in and drink beer and have a nice fire etc. 

Call me a sad bastard but honestly that's about as good of a saturday night as I can imagine.