What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Not sure what thread to put this in. :D

55604.jpg

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Give it to @dollywobbler or @LightBulbFun thread(s)

oh yeah I've seen that one a few times :) 

heres the original photo its from (amusingly LPL837P is a Single Hand Tiller steering machine, bet thats fun even without any silly mods! )

AC-Model-70-Invalid-Car-1976.jpg

On 10/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, Rusty_Rocket said:

You did the right thing.

Years back my elderly neighbour started having a series of car crashes; stupid things like hitting the wrong pedal etc and knocking over walls.  It was only a matter of time until he hurt someone.  I had to jump through the most ridiculous hoops to get attention from the authorities, doctors appointments etc until he was called to a meeting at a local DVLA office.  He had to answer questions, they checked his reactions and took him out in a learner car.  They did revoke his licence straight away, which is sad but was unfortunately necessary.

You did the right thing 

It needs to happen a lot more , driving should be a privilege not a right , drive like a twat , on the bus , lost all your driving skills, on the bus.

We took the car keys away from my father in law after he took his car for a service 3 miles away from his house and ended up in Liverpool 10 miles in the opposite direction 

No idea how he found his way home but that was his last trip in it,sold the car the next week , it'd have gone well on here , 1 owner base fiesta 20,000 miles, on a K reg 

1 minute ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

....which inflict equal pain but in miniature?

I'd imagine so. Being Bose, however, they do have their heads screwed on tight when it comes to making things well, so perhaps it wouldn't be as painful as I think. Bloody heavy, mind.

I have had an old fluid extractor thing for years and its never held a vacuum so to drain anything you had to pump away like a demented person.

So the other day i fitted a check valve in to the suction pipe so i could build up and hold vacuum in its reservoir and now it's working like a champ as ably demonstrated by removing half a litre of oily muck from of a mobile tyre vans little piston compressor.

Happy days...

20211029_092349.thumb.jpg.1fca14b160bac62133f1c5b7b051b349.jpg