What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

12 hours ago, Matty said:

Went to lidl with the kids in my 18 year old BMW. Came out to find this graffiti had appeared on the wall opposite 🤣🤣🤣

@Jamie who'dve thought our cocks were that small 😁

IMG-20211023-WA0000.thumb.jpg.b318b4f9b062ac22009c7285ca2aa2d0.jpg

7 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They're probably antidisestablishmentarians.....

They're probably upset about society's floccinaucinihilipilification of their painted social comments. 

On 10/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, anonymous user said:

I much prefer the demotivational posters. 

A colleague had one above his desk

"We're not happy until you're not happy"

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines?

12 hours ago, PhilA said:

Was tidying at the house today, picking up the broken roof of the garage. 

Tornadoes are really weird. In amongst the smashed and splintered 4x6 roof beams lay a completely undamaged fluorescent tube.

20211023_151516.thumb.jpg.e521999072326fd40930545818eb62f0.jpg

Phil

I know its probably quite low on your priority, but I hope it was saved/preserved :) 

it reminds me of this, entire house blown up due to a gas leak, but the fluorescent fixture in the loft survives just fine, puts a whole new meaning to "explosion proof fluorescent fixture" LOL

DSCF1702.jpg

That's the boot hatch  wiring fixated thanks to the weather being good .

Did not take very long to replace the 3 broken wires , the boot light now comes on , and the indicators flash when the car is locked. 

Now I just need to find the door open bulb I took out of the dash .......IMG_20211025_115123_544.thumb.jpg.029b39c28e9ba08b92f406b3e46b2ba5.jpgIMG_20211025_122515_489.thumb.jpg.cdabbb268b996b8c3526187324878625.jpg

further to the wire repairs ,

I have just lifted each wheel on the focus  to check for issues , usual slight teeny knock on the front off side thats some years old now , but the back offside wheel I get a little squeak /squawk when I try to twist  it with hands at 3 and 9 o clock  ????   , that with jack  lifting on the bottom link  in the spring cup , lift the car by the centre of the rear sub frame and its ok , no obvious movement in the bushes ???

turn the radio up .....?

nope . being half deaf and with tinnitus will do :-)

on a roll here

hopefully sorted the bogs fill valve induced banging  on the plumbing .

just drained the whole system so that the anti bang air tube I put in refills with air ..... the  thing is a 18inch vertical  run of 15mm copper pipe , capped at top , located where the cold feed meets the water heater .

seems to be sorted , fingers crossed , also shifted loads of mucky shite out of the water heaters  heat exchanger ,

strange how it can collect despite it only being a "coil"  of 15mm copper around a burner !!

I've managed to convince the Ice Queen that she should take me out for food and beer tonight.

Ok We're only going to a Wetherspoon's but still, free stuff.

I even suggested she could get me drunk and take advantage of me, but my Mrs isn't really the "take advantage of someone" sort.

Unfortunately.

Have been afraid that my cat has been constipated. So I kept an eye on her today. And while playing she stopped and started digging a hole in the lawn a big one at least 10 cm deep I am not kidding, And then sat over the hole pushed out a massive cable and then dug and filled the hole and continued to play. This was great and also explains why parts of the lawn look like it does.

16 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Have been afraid that my cat has been constipated. So I kept an eye on her today. And while playing she stopped and started digging a hole in the lawn a big one at least 10 cm deep I am not kidding, And then sat over the hole pushed out a massive cable and then dug and filled the hole and continued to play. This was amazing and also explains why parts of the lawn look like it does.

In great detail.