What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The more I look at it the more I think that Sierra might be my old one. The reg looks familiar (and is a Norwich plate). I bought mine in 2000; I have no recollection of what I ended up doing with it, so if it is the same one I've no idea how it ended up in Hackney. I wasn't familiar with the base model at the time - I thought the grey grille was a replacement that nobody had bothered to paint. :oops:

Started my new job at o2 yesterday, already liking it a lot. I'll admit, a fair few people hate the thought of even working in retail, but I am fine with it. May as well stick to something I am good at, for now anyway. Got the most hours out of all the new people too.

Anyway, went to Alton today, and I had always dismissed it as being awful for shite spotting. Obviously not!

Stripping down the MG Metro today, when my Mum and Dad came around to say hello. Whilst chatting away I glanced at the front of the car and something caught my eye poking out to the side of the rad. What the fook is that!? Looks like a lump of wood.... Delved my hand under the bonnet and found this...

LOSTANDFOUND.jpg

It ain't small! Redsparrow, is this yours? Its been there a few years I think....

Jesus! No, not mine! How the frig has that stayed in there? As you say it appears to have been there for some time! And how did I not notice it?!

Been working as a cleaner since November, part time.

Went in last week to find out one of the two guys in the warehouse bit of the shop was sacked on the Saturday.

Manager asked the other guy if he knew anyone suitable so he asked me.

So that's my second job now with no formal interview, lol. :lol:

Did my normal job this morning then spent the afternoon doing the other job as the guy is struggling on his own, my legs are killing me, I'm filthy from carrying pallets and kitchen units about

but it's good to know I'll have enough money in a month for the 1st time in ages to pay the bills and etc. without being skint the same day as payday. :mrgreen:

Not looking forward to weekends/Bank holidays working and stuff but better than nothing and I was quite bored of cleaning stuff when you come in the day after to find some tramp of a customer has

pawed all over it again.

Also I've been taking the pallets that are thrown out as they can't save them and the head office don't want them back, took 8 Euro ones to a place I drive past to work last week - £15.00 cash in hand. :mrgreen:

(i've another 30 stock piled at home so that's another £60 or so).

Hey, I'm actually talking to a real (well I presume she is) woman through online dating. Only been chatting to her since last night, seems like a nice girl, only lives a few minutes down the road from me, not sure if she's my type but seems keen thus far...............this is going to end in tears isn't it?

The highlight of my world was (is) to never have a Faceache account. It's hard missing out on Shaz telling the world she's been to the Co-op for ten L&B, and Terry telling all and sundry he's been to town on the H21 and it was 31 seconds late, but I'm sure I'll live with it.

The highlight of my Facebooking world was deleting my account.

I think that's the most sensible thing you've ever posted on here.

Did you soft or hard delete? There are times when I want to bin faecesbork as well, it can get intensely annoying with all the OMG LOLZ UNI GROUPZ that insist on using it to communicate. I suggested a phBB forum like this and they looked at me like I'd shat on the floor.

There's a useful article here that shows you how to sack FB off properly, should anyone feel the need.

http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account

^^ the "how to delete your facebook account" page has a facebook "like" button, which has been clicked 11,000 times.

That made me grin.

:D

I've never had a Facebook account

I did once sign up many moons ago to see what it was all about just before it exploded and got really popular. I couldnt then see the point and deleted the account. I've never been back and have no intention of doing so, despite everyone I bump into telling me to make an account cuz u wlll havz a lyk sik profile innit!!!

Suspect bidder on the Corsa. Joined eBay this February 2011, only has one feedback (which was private) and Goofbay revealed this is what he bid on...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=82615

*Edit: he also won one of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=82615

:lol::lol::lol::lol: