What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

29 minutes ago, Wack said:

It is very tight if you've got no spacial awareness

1386259879_Screenshot_20211014-195315_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.578abf2c54a512bf6e6d0c0bb50fdc4c.jpg

I know quite a few like that. I have a family member who used to insist that, an admittedly narrow, road was too small for her car, which was why it was scratched on both sides. My sister could drive a bus down the same road without touching the hedges.

12 hours ago, castros_bro said:

There is a shaving thread somewhere on your favourite beige forum.

Found it this morning thanks.

I will likely return to electric once I get over my aversion to spending money and manage to wade through the complexities of it all.

8 hours ago, Wack said:

Has anyone else noticed how many people seem unable to judge the width of their vehicle , they'll come at you in the centre of a road when there's  bags of room to get two cars through 

I have no words 

Statistics suggest that insurers should be questioning the council on how visible the bollards are. 

7 hours ago, Wack said:

It is very tight if you've got no spatial awareness

1386259879_Screenshot_20211014-195315_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.578abf2c54a512bf6e6d0c0bb50fdc4c.jpg

That looks very tight for a normal road. I'm having difficulty with judging the width of my new car* and on a number of occasions due to paranoia about scrapping the alloys have ended up parking about a foot from the curb. 

* turns out an Astra J (mk6) GTC is wider than an omega. 

2 hours ago, warch said:

Theres a 6’6” bridge somewhere as well.

Round the back of Halfords in Hereford there used to be a rail overbridge with a 6' height restriction and a 6'6" width restriction.  I used to work at Shark Motorcycles just by it and had to duck to walk under it.  They removed the bridge deck about 10 years ago but the supporting walls are still there.  I wouldn't try driving a van bigger than a Berlingo through.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.0668635,-2.7173227,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sjs41iimgleCKru2AR-ZwGQ!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3Djs41iimgleCKru2AR-ZwGQ%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D108.85986%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

2 minutes ago, Crackers said:

You can tell what sort of person I am, because I'm paying much more attention to the 1.2 Nova, than the priceless Merc 300SL parked opposite it at Goodwood today. 

IMG_20211016_101156.thumb.jpg.6d4bc6eb1921007a557b95dcaad42b6f.jpg

Supplied by Jack Brabham too. Did the 300SL have a price on it? Gullwings are the expensive ones.

Despite feeling like death with a chest infection I had to ride to the rescue after my daughters friends had let her down for a planned visit to "Horrorcon" in Manchester today, she'd paid to get her picture taken with some Hollywood hottie she loves from the film scream, entry was painfully slow for some reason so so we stood if the fucking cold with 5000 very creatively dressed horror fanatics and  got in after 10:00 instead of the advertised 09:00 entry the upshot being she'd missed her slot with said hunk and was resolutely told she would have to wait till 5 pm but as she  had to get home and start work at 4 pm. I could see she was really knocked/disappointed due to this :( so I applied some creative persuasion to the staff and then sweet talked the head lady ( very hot !) which worked and much to her shock she was then ushered to the front of priority line and popped between said hunk and ,as an added bonus, his other hunky co star for a lovely picture. 

Fuck me this convention game is a racket, she's paid £40 for the single pic but the double and queue jump would have been £150 ! She's been having a tough time lately and ended being over the moon, it felt nice to still be a bit useful to her :)