What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, reb said:

Two years ago when stripping a 307 HDI I made a silly video:

Its only gone and got 2.8k views in that time! Some brilliant comments too, about 50/50 if they got the joke or not it seems.

The cockwomble comment is are you taking the piss that car was half stripped

On 9/26/2021 at 2:57 AM, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

Granted a concept but still...

The Peugeot 205 Verve 1984.

peugeot_205_verve_2.jpg

https://www.startpage.com/av/proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQgqsr-kmtZNsY_t6isMdBKZWJWuBYq98Tasca7EVd-dDjDTSGH%26s&sp=1632621418T56639101be1f3ea5792e05dbfbb7052be047492887ea744f750d075fca1c5931

On 9/26/2021 at 7:39 PM, MisterH said:

Whatever drugs they were on didn't work...

Otherwise we'd see loads of them 

Not sure if this is unintentional popular music joke, or just one no-one's laughed at? 

download.png.b73c928104f49a50088dc0077e9fc709.png

Just come back from a visit to the indoor market, which I would normally avoid, especially on a wet Saturday.  To my surprise there was a band playing, numbering 15 or so: one guitar (bass I think) one drumkit and the rest brass.  So I stopped to listen and they played a couple of big-band swing classics, and then finished off with Greased Lightning!  I complimented them, obvs!

watching east coast classics on youtube hes at an auction

olds intrigue 43500 miles 1200$ :D

2007 volvo s80 v8 130k prior lease 4600$

2010 camaro 65k  prior damage repaired 17000$

2014 challenger sxt bumpers all beat up and ding in front wing sounded ok 8250$

madness (volvo want)

oh and the one i meant to post about (i got distracted duh)

2017 lexus es350 325000 miles?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looked in good nick apart from engine light on - chap said it smells rich so itll be a 02 sensor (if cars show lights he plugs them in - keys are in them he puts them in d and r to see if they move)

even for usa that seems a lot

2017 police ford taurus sedan one was cop one was dept of corrections

6k$

he mentioned at the beginning all they sold was govt and police ex stuff

they were moving to a new area

at the end he said why - he said most of the cars he looked at threw engine lights - most of the cats were missing :D - hed been told someone cut the fence brought a jack and wiped a load all at once :D - not just here then :D

moving to a more secure location (he was in pennsylvania)

:D

On 9/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, vulgalour said:

Just back from Maidstone Exhaust Centre and I must say it was a thoroughly good experience.  Maestro exhaust now leak free.  It put up a bit of a fight and there was zero chance of me doing it at home, it was one of those jobs, I'm very happy I farmed it out.  They treated the car with more respect than I expected given its appearance, and made sure that if I want exhaust work doing in the future, that's the place I'm going to go.  I feel like I'm finding some pretty good places for old car work lately and the Maestro is looking and driving better and better with each new job that's completed.

I have also always had good service from these guys, excellent prices on tyres as well.