What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I went for a long drive this afternoon in the Opel, All through the Suffolk back roads via Needham Market, Lavenham, Sudbury and coming out in Colchester, Fantastic day for it, Past loads of other classics on the road as well though almost all of them being British sport cars, Triumph Stag, TR3 (lush), 4 or 5 50's Jaguar XK's and an Allegro.

Also had a girl ring about the Bora this evening who seems very keen for it and has already offered £2400 which is what I'm after for it, Fingers crossed she buys it now when she see it!.

Just back from a spring break in Welsh Wales (Ceredigion area) Stunning coastline and lovely seaside villages with easy parking and dogs allowed on the beach at this time of the year :D . 60 reg Puntos seem compulsory, but I did spot amongst some cars parked in a transport yard a 2CV and a Visa Convertible :shock: (didn't even know they existed let alone having actually seen one, factory job or home-brewed?) and to cap it all a Y-suffix Freight Rover pick-up in what looked like the original Council-spec yellow 8) Unfortunately nowhere to stop safely for photos. Also a goodly selection of 90s ERF and Volvo trucks, with a variety of bodies, still in everyday use :D

Its 3.30am and I've just got home. Only went out at twenty past midnight. Met up with a mate and just cruised about the West End, partly in the Hillman, partly in his Mustang. Just like the kind of stuff we'd do back when were still teens.

Was this the Mustang that came to the Ace in primer?

I love that car.

Also:

Newark autojumble. Why the hell have I never been before? its the best place, ever.

Ignoring the usual metalwork supplies, matt black paint and so on, My mate got a train horn for £15 and I got full stainless exhaust for my golf for £30, and now I can drive without causing dangerous amounts of noise, and my mate can cause dangerous amounts of noise on command.

There was also a beige marina pickup for sale which made me really step back and think about whether I really need to pay the tax man the money I should have paid many months ago and am being threatened with bailiffs over.

a Visa Convertible :shock: (didn't even know they existed let alone having actually seen one, factory job or home-brewed?)

Five door?

Factory.

The francophile GP in the village I grew up in had one. He later retired to France.

As an aside, the other GP had a K10 Micra despite being 6'8".

Yes it was five door, thanks for that info; another piece in the jigsaw for my knowledge of obscure shite :)

IMG_2421.jpg

R75 performed faultlessly on a 1500 mile jaunt this weekend to the Highlands. I think it fair to say that everyone should drive the A838 once in their lives. An absolute belter of a drive, and I managed to pick the right weekend for it. 22.5 degrees on Scourie beach. Left Scourie at 15:45 and arrived back in New Buckenham at 00:59, stopping only in Stirling for a pee and a pizza.

Finding an obscene amount of tat in New Malden, especially a few cars I seriously did not expect to see. Also, I appear to have stumbled upon a car driving around with a cloned plate, identical to the car with the original, bar one minor detail, the spec. Hmmm.

IMG_2421.jpg

R75 performed faultlessly on a 1500 mile jaunt this weekend to the Highlands. I think it fair to say that everyone should drive the A838 once in their lives. An absolute belter of a drive, and I managed to pick the right weekend for it. 22.5 degrees on Scourie beach. Left Scourie at 15:45 and arrived back in New Buckenham at 00:59, stopping only in Stirling for a pee and a pizza.

I thought that olooked like a Sutherland landscape. Jealous! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The fake tanned WAG-wannabe who purposely parked her 316 in the disabled bay outside RBS Hemel Hempstead getting a ticket a couple of minutes after she rolled up. Was amusing to see her "born for the benefits" toddler climbing around on the back seat without a care in the world whilst the warden processed and applied the fine sticker. :)

Was in town the other day. Went into Poundland (I admit it!) and was first amused by the sight of a woman arguing over something pathetic (all credit to the worker who had to deal with her) who then got even more upset when her incorrectly parked car outside the door got ticketed! She ran out and tried the old classic "I'll just be a minute" which I assume the warden took to see as "excellent, that's how long it'll take me to get this ticket finished." I shouldn't like it, but I did.

Finally got a job interview, at o2 this Friday. I had been contacted by Randstad employment yesterday, and following a successful phone interview, I went to register and have a face to face session today at their offices in Reading. Went really well! She was a friendly person, and I got 97% on the assessment, which basically tested your abilities to copy data from a grid in a fast and precise manner. Also, they said that a good score for keystrokes per hour would be 4900+, I apparently got 7032. And another job I have applied for have asked me to submit an application form as they are interested, but my CV apparently wouldn't open on their computers...

Some progress at last.

Blimey, that sounds a right load of old bollocks.

I shouldn't be surprised that on successfully passing the tests, interviews, more tests, anal probe, more interview etc the job turns out to be a totally soul-destroying non-job with zero upward mobility, enforced 'fun', a requirement to where a tie and some cunty shoes, and a desk at cubicle in a sweaty call centre with 1000 other similar folk wondering where it all went wrong whilst simultaneously having to brown-nose the management just to claw their way to thrupence above the minimum wage.

A job like that should be "can you type" y/n and "are you a total grunting mong" y/n (yes is not neccessarily a barrier in many industries, e.g. estate agency.

A good interview is where you pitch up, chat about the job for an hour then piss off to the pub with your prospective new boss. If pub is offered, its in the bag, trust me.

what about if the job is for an AA councillor?

I shouldn't be surprised that on successfully passing the tests, interviews, more tests, anal probe, more interview etc the job turns out to be a totally soul-destroying non-job with zero upward mobility, enforced 'fun', a requirement to where a tie and some cunty shoes, and a desk at cubicle in a sweaty call centre with 1000 other similar folk wondering where it all went wrong whilst simultaneously having to brown-nose the management just to claw their way to thrupence above the minimum wage.

trainspotting.jpg

Blimey, that sounds a right load of old bollocks.

Agreed. Funnily enough, in an awful lot of companies, most of the jobs even half a level above that of a keyboard drone DON'T have any such tests, which results in a lot of managers being "well experienced, innit" but unable to use more than one finger when typing or read an e-mail without printing it. GR9 4 efficiency when you're paying that person 50k a year.

Well the job was actually for a Sales Advisor position at o2, not one behind a keyboard.... The only reason the typing skills test occured is due to the need for you to be both fairly quick and accurate when typing in fairly important data to do with the customer, when they open a contract for example..